Bolt over Powell Paris DL

Wind was -0.3m/s

Bolt 9.84
Powell 9.91
Blake 9.95
Bailey 10.00
Lemaitre 10.09
Martina 10.09

Did anyone see this? What happened? Come on Asafa, 9.91?

I saw the race and the replays. Nobody seemed to have a great top end today. Asafa got out of the blocks very quickly and looked to have a decent drive in which he and Bolt put a gap between themselves and the rest of the field. They were pretty even through about 40m, when Bolt slowly started easing forward. In the last 20m or so, Asafa gave up time to everyone else in the field, and Blake closed the gap on him a bit. Asafa looked a bit sluggish. Bolt looked a bit sluggish. Lemaitre’s technique was pretty bad.

Not the best quality, but for now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrFxjhloHvo

Asafa gave up time to everyone else in the field, and Blake closed the gap on him a bit. Asafa looked a bit sluggish

Spot on. Remove Bolt or Gay and Powell would run a different race. He looks much more dominant (technically) when he runs without the other two. With them he gives up (last 20m) every and each time. I guess that’s the way he is.

“You look like tonight you ran well within yourself”… -Jonathan Edwards-

“Yeah! Definitely. It was a good start but my strength is down, I didn’t feel as powerful as I wanted to be out of the blocks. I think I have to go home & really work on my core strength to really get it up, cos Asafa, he was gone first 40m. I need to go home & work on that”
-Usain Bolt-

Asafa looked a bit sluggish. Bolt looked a bit sluggish.

A sluggish 9.84.

what kind of core work do you suspect bolt to be doing?

Definitely in my opinion - check the race again. Bolt wasn’t able to open up on people like he normally does. Ignore Powell in that race and compare Bolt to everyone else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6rMwmonFxQ&feature=player_embedded

lil better quality.
My only question is…why did they put the Lemairte in the middle of the two of the fastest people on earth ever. What they thought it would be a confidence builder? He was obliterated! Also how did he even earn a inside lane like that. Man I hope they dont make him the next GWH and pile pressure on him. He is still young. It was like taking a keyboard to a gun fight. lmao!

http://www.trackalerts.com/index.php?option=com_videoflow&task=play&id=47&sl=latest&Itemid=68

better quality vid

I guess the French billed him as the biggest thing in France since red wine, after his sub 10 performance.

Was Bolt & Powells “sluggish” runs down to the sheer shock of seeing a whiteboy in the line-up?. Maybe.

I don’t think anybody knows. But in Bolt, I see amazing posture which I link to amazing core strength. I’m certain hes doing something with the inner core (which is hard to work) to produce that posture. I maybe wrong, but I’m going with my instincts.

Thanks for the vids.

Poor Asafa… I got the feeling that he wanted to cry when he was being interviewed by Jonathan. He’s #3 and I don’t if he has it in him to beat the top two guys. Poor guy.

I think the thought was that it would help him get a better time.

I agree. I don’t think it was a wise decision… But he is young. He will learn.

I think it was Chris6878 who once said “You guys are funny to me”.

That is 0.26 slower than his PB.
That is like Mo Green running 10.05.

Or, if we use other people in this race, that’s like Lemaitre running 10.24 (he ran 10.09), or Blake running 10.19 (he ran 9.95), or Bailey running 10.17 (he ran 10.00), or Martina running 10.19 (he ran 10.09).

Bolt after the race in Paris stated he needed to cut back on all the PR and marketing he does before meets. It could be an issue & affecting him running such sluggish times. :wink:

It would certainly put constraints on training time.