Bolt nixes NFL race

Which guys were in 10.0 shape when they ran their 40s? Nix that, which guys ran 10.0 that are in the NFL and have a 40 from the combine?

Welcome back Charlie! :cool:

Welcome back Charlie!

Can you name all these guys for me, since I don’t know who you are talking about.

Your able, you look them up yourself. Can we give CJ some flex seed oil maybe he could pr in the 100?

But since you seem to think there are several, it suggest you know who they are and can name them for me, rather than me doing a bunch of research.

60 (or 100m) with official timing (FAT). The one and only credible way to compete.

Grass, first movement, hand timing, 40y …he can be the best receiver or anything, but if he wants to be (proclaimed) the fastest….

Welcome back charlie!!

pROBLEM with combine 40 is the manual start…there can be 0,15 of error between different runs.No one underestimates he has plenty of speed and talent, and, If dedicated to track and field, could do well…but Bolt…is Bolt…listen to Charlie who I think has a couple of things to say.
I saw some good track athlete…that hired some speed guru ( shit guru…btw) to shave some tenths…well they ended up slow…with 3 pt stance with front foot on the line…and so on…

Bryan Clay runs a 4.38 (combine style timing) in this video. No practice, on lumpy grass, two-point start with feet crowding the line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvHewtIfEVs

A little bit of practice, on turf, good 3 point start and that time could be a bit faster.

And Clay is a 10.36 guy!

I was more impressed with the standing 43.5" vert.

So Chris Johnson did 4.24.
Let’s compare with sprinters who compete at NFL too.
60m indoors / 100m / 40y NFL scout
Trindon Holliday 6.54 / 10.00 / 4.20
Jeff Demps 6.71 (in 2008, no race this season) / 10.01 / 4.24
Jacoby Ford 6.51 / 10.01 / 4.26

Johnson is as fast at 40y (36.58m) as those guys for standing start. We have no clue whether he has the top speed to reach 60m in the same line as them, and the speed endurance to complete a 100m in 10.0.
Anyway, Holliday and Demps have 3.90 intermediate times at 30m (what Chris Johnson can do provided he knows how to use starting-blocks), but Bolt did 3.78 in Beijing…

No contest for Bolt at any distance from 30m…

Pierrejean, none of those times are from the NFL Combine. The Combine tends to produce slower times than Pro Days or coach reported times as listed above.

I used only one source for the 40y times in order to make fair comparison
http://www.nfldraftscout.com

Well we will see soon enough what Spiller, Ford and maybe Holliday do at the Combine. Should be interesting.

Spiller isn’t in stellar shape, it seems (track/speed shape, that is). He ran 6.65 SB last year and a bunch of 6.7s. Reminiscent of the often cited Jamaal Charles.

I do not understand how someone can trust combine timing…it has manual start!!It means that there is a chance that 4.40 is faster than a 4.32, for example…really do not understand.For sure 4.5 and 4.3 are always differente…but nothing more imho.

Clay is the man!! I know where he trains, last I know he trains at Azuza pacific Univ. A few speedsters I knew went to that expensive school. One had a pr of 9.9 and the other had a pr of 10.2/20.5. This was back around 2004ish when Coby Miller use to train at our facility’s.

Why Johnson challenged Bolt? Because he knows he’s faster than Bolt on grass through to 40 y out of no blocks, the way the guys accellerate in american football. Everyone on this site would have run against Bolt just for mere pleasure even if their pb 15 sec in 100’s. Bolt will never race anyone that way because the chanches him fail are pretty high.

Charlie F your 2 cents???

Right on bro, on grass and no blocks it would be much closer then most people think. CJ2K!!