Bobsled

Sounds similar to Pioneer. I probably would unload week 4-6 and decrease the power block by one week?

GPP:
wk 1-4: 3x10
wk 3-8: 5x5, 4x5, 3x5, 3x5 unload

SPP:
wk 1-3: 3x4, 3x4, 3x4
wk 4-6: 3x3
wk 7-9: 3x4, 3x3,3x3, 3x2
wk 10-12: Maint

Yes from your first reply (meant to reply with your quote), pretty much that. Note that sub-max block does not necessarily need to be light only just as the name indicates, sub-max. leaving the later blocks for the maximal efforts just as you point out. Also, as in post earlier, the last week of the second block can go down to 3 x 3 for the unload or remain at 3 x 5-either way it’s an unload week.

Right on Pioneer.

Since the load is heavier and runs are longer in spp are you squatting once a week and performing a single leg movement the second day?

So everyone knows, I will train like a 60m runner.

General Setup:
8 week gpp: 2x hills/sleds
Block 1 of spp: 1 day sleds, 1 day hills, 1 flat day
Block 2 of spp: 1 day fef/efe, 1 day accels, 1 day 50-60m
Block 3 of spp: 1 day of flys+60, 1 day of accels, 1 day of Speed end 2-3 runs

I would do it like Hartman. Also would not spend much time in the 8-10 range, a few weeks. I would stay mainly in the 3-6 range.

Example after a few weeks leading up:

Day 1 Speed:

6-8xfly15m with 20m run up

Squat 4x5 as work sets
Sqt Assistance (Bulg Squat, Split Squat) 4x10
Bench 4x5
Bench Assitance 4x10

Thanks, only issue with that is I plan on running a couple indooor meets and always run my best off 4 weeks of speed end work leading into indoors. Weights will be squats and presses on m/w and pulls on wed. Speed vol will never go over 330.

When training for speed do you guys like squatting heavy early or later in week?

I like it early. And I think weights needs to be based on capacity for the day like Dan Pfaff and Charlie do.

Early whether training for speed or not since fatigue accumulates during the week so your best at the end of a week is not your best at the end of the week.

Do you think two lower body movements is needed if your doing 300m+ of speed work per session?

I like both, early in the training year or gpp I would perform heavy squatting early in week. When you move later in year and want more quality workouts throughout the week I would perform a single leg movement or jump squats on mon, cleans on wed, and heavy squats on fri , I found this way allows for 2-3 high quality speed sessions without heavy legs.

No. I don’t have a problem with what lr400 recommended in gpp but as the athlete transition into spp and speeds are faster; I don’t think two similar movements are needed.

I haven’t seen much nor know alot about Hartman, overall I like what I see/hear about his training methods. It’s difficult to learn enough about someones program with seeing one workout, i have always stuck with CFTS - it’s what I know.

Looks solid, I see about 3 months of heavy accel work - make sure your top speed is in place before doing too much speed endurance work.

Another question regarding ol’s - would you guys drop them or go with pulls year round if the athlete didn’t have access to proper equipment. FYI - I hate going from the hang so that’s not an option.

I would drop them and possibly concentrate on sprints and bp only.

For a bobsleigh athlete?

Seems since you move heavy loads in that sport seems you need to keep some heavy load.

Do you mean doing clean pulls, mid-thigh pulls etc. instead of power cleans, etc.?