Blake 9.84

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10052012/2/olympics-blake-narrowly-misses-year-fastest-100m-time.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGyf359ECPQ

wind 0.5 compared to bolts 1.8

I think im gonna go…
Blake
Bolt
Gatlin

…I think Blake will have it this year and gatlin will come from nowhere

Gat has to beat dix

What some of the Jamaican fans are having a hard time dealing with is that Dix, with the 9.85w at Mt. Sac, is right there with Bolt and Blake–and that’s a month old.

Doha Mens:

100m

Powell
Gatlin
Rakieem Salaam
Clark
Carter
Rodgers

200m

Dix

Womens 100 (the race for London silver starts here?)

VCB
Felix
Fraser-Pryce
Kerron Stewart
Sherone Simpson

I don’t think Jeter is such a stand-out favorite for London. She barely beat Baptiste last week, who likely would have won if she hadn’t tied up at the end, and remember that the difference between Jeter and VCB in Daegu was entirely made at the start with VCB reacting very, very poorly (reaction times 0.16 vs. 0.23).

Are you really basing jeter’s whole season off of one race? Which was also her first 100 of the year?

No.

Lkh implied (more or less, with the question mark) that Jeter is such a clear favourite for gold that the rest can only battle for silver.
I’m not saying she’s not the favorite but based on last year and what we’ve seen so far the margins of Jeter over other competitors like VCB and Baptiste are too small to consider her a real stand-out favourite, like e.g. Bolt in 2008 and 2009.

She is the clear favorite until somebody beats her.

That said, Allyson got a lead over VCB at 40 and VCB could not close it down. If she gets a lead like that over Jeter, it will be MaxV against MaxV and it will be interesting.

Let’s all just remember there is still something called the trials for both Jamaica and the USA. History has shown that VCB and Fraser a big time performers in the big meets when it counts. The women’s 100m has to be one of the toughest events to call as quite a few girls have run low 10.7s with only Jeter dropping under. A little dig to the men where if Bolt is at his best or better everyone else will be running for 2nd.

I agree both Vcb and Fraser show up at championship time and drop major runs. Looking around running 10.8. It’s much to early for all these lame predictions

Well said :slight_smile:

true there is still a very long long way to go

Except that it was only 2 1/2 weeks ago. And going by who runs what first doesnt tell you anything, the only thing that matters is what point they are at in their training cycle. There’s only one meet this year that really matters and thats the olympics. That being said no one mentioned has run within .2 of Bolt’s best time. Even Gay hasn’t come within .1 of Bolt’s best time and he hasn’t even run yet this year because of his surgery. So if Bolt is at the top of his game and I don’t see any reason to suggest otherwise, everyone else is racing for 2nd in both the 100 and 200. Don’t get me wrong, Im all for increased competition and faster times, but saying someone is “right there” with Bolt when they are over .2 back is not correct.

Bolt ran his fastest opener ever…and he does not have the fastest wind-adjusted time. His best times were run 3 years ago. That’s an eternity in the sprints, and a lot has transpired since then. Look at the world as it stands NOW.

I noticed that Gatlin’s 9.87 sec post race comments were pretty cocky. It was great to see him back and opening up this fast, but Powell is one thing, Bolt, Blake and a healthy Gay are different animals all together. None of those guys are going to fold up their tent over that last 40m like Powell when things get serious.

Given what Gatlin is battling back from I love the mindset, but publicly declaring them. It wouldn’t be my approach…but then again I’m not a former Olympic Champion.

It’s going to be a great sprint year if everyone can stay healthy. Please, please, please stay healthy!

Gatling is also fresh off a fast full indoor. I’d assume he should be runniing fast right now. This was asafas first race since a 50m back in feb. I’m not counting that 4x1. He barely beat asafa. Now he is talking like he is the man to beat? He tugging on superman cape. He needs to concentrate on the winning the US trials. He is not ready for bolt, Blake, or an in shape asafa. Calling all that attention to yourself fresh of a suspension…not smart in my book.

couldnt agree more. its who wins the 100m in the games which will count and who promoters will pay huge $$$ to appear at their meets!

I think youre missing the point. I am looking at the world as it stands now. Bolt has run his fastest opener ever. This would impy that he is AT LEAST on par to be in 9.5x shape and 19.1x shape come the olympics. Gay has never come within .1 of Bolt’s best 100m time. No one else has EVER come within .2 of Bolt’s best 100m time. Who is going to beat Bolt or for that matter who is even going to moderately challenge Bolt?