Ben Johnson was sabotaged

Expected Date of release for the book?

no wayyyyyy.:eek:

SYDNEY (AUS): Mike Hurst writes in Daily Telegraph that Canadian sprinter Ben Johnson has obtained an explosive confession from a mystery man who had access to the Olympic doping control room at the 1988 Seoul Games - admitting he spiked the 100m winner‘s drink with an anabolic steroid. The confession by Andre Jackson, who the Seoul 100m runner-up Carl Lewis has described as „a family friend“, is contained in Johnson‘s autobiography due to be published in February. There is no suggestion Lewis knew of the plan.

from Alfonz Juck’s EME news letter

haha - Boldwarrior, learn to friggin read…

What happens next?

Biggest issues are related to answering those three huge questions posed in the article.

Well, I understand that but once the issues are thoroughly examined and solved - what happens then?

Is Ben going to take it further, and if he does is the target achievable?

why weren’t these issues dealt with sooner!!??

if i was in bens position i would have unleashed all at the dubin inquiry and involving everyone and named names…but why wait till years later.

anyway i think it will be a great read and i for one will purchase it.

The explosive confession helps.

A FOLLOW-UP: THE IAAF WILL IGNORE ANY EVIDENCE, CLAIMS OR CONFESSIONS, TO EMERGE FROM BEN’S BOOK (DUE NEXT MONTH)

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/more-sports/ben-johnson-doping-claims-fall-on-deaf-ears/story-e6frey6i-1225814822531

Ben had said from the start that someone had tampered with his drink. I am sure I read that in Speedtrap somewhere. This comes as of no suprise to me. It has come 22 years too late though. If all alogations towards Ben were indeed false he will probably get the same treatment as a prisoner wrongly convicted of a crime 22 years ago and is now set free with no apology. Poor guy cant get his racing career back. everybody knows his name for the wrong reasons. It is hard to change a bad rep after 22 years. I remember in 88 the news was all about Ben. I bet we see nothing through the media about this. Kitkat did you happen to get the name of his autoboigraphy? I have tried to google it but find nothing.

‘‘Seoul to Soul’’ never mind. Maybe I should learn to open my eyes while reading.

ben johnson was a cheat.it would have been a travesty if he got away with it.he is basically a fraud…

In 1993 BJ tested positive for excess testerone.
In 1999 for hydrochlorothiazide.

Did the same guy stalk him with spiked drinks for a decade ?

Guys the topic is off limits and you know that. No one is defending Ben or the practice so you are not being clever by suggesting that. The level playing field rationale was raised decades ago and history certainly supports the basis for that view even though we can say it was wrong to go there at that time. The significance of this new book will probably be the implication that “higher powers” were implicated in the whole distortion of results through an alleged manipulation of the star system.
Now can you all please honour the rules of this forum and if you must air your opinion on the topic do so elsewhere or this entire thread will be deleted.

ben johnson was a cheat.it would have been a travesty if he got away with it.he is basically a fraud…

In 1993 BJ tested positive for excess testerone.
In 1999 for hydrochlorothiazide.

Did the same guy stalk him with spiked drinks for a decade ?

It is open for interpretation. I was not there so I do not know, But then again nor where you. Are these facts or hearsay. I did not say he did I did not say he didnt. Only Ben knows

What form does the supposed confession take?

A letter, a videotaped interview, an email, a conversation with Ben, etc.?

Does anyone know yet?

Answer contained in the follow-up report. Follow the link.

Carl looks so at home in this photo … may go some way explaining why he took so long to get out of the blocks …