Barry Sanders...

Goose2,
My ears are burning.
No, I’m no Deion fan. Probably has to do with his character…but he was definitely talented.

goose2,

i think he’s the most gifted athlete period as far as i’m concerned.

bohersch,

what about his character? what have you heard?

Ricky,

Yes, I can confirm that Deion’s stride was very quick and very choppy. His extreme lateral speed and first step quickness were a trademark. As the 10.29 shows, however, he had great top speed as well. Deion was one of the few people who could make 11 highly-trained professional athletes look like little children. It was a treat to watch, and other than Tony Dorsett, there was no one I’d rather see play.

The following is a quote from a teammate named Tim Green, who played with Deion at the Atlanta Falcons. Mr. Green wrote a book entitled “The Dark Side of the Game.”

EXCERPT BEGINS HERE:

“The first real report was heard literally the moment Deion layed hands on an NFL football in Fulton County Stadium in Atlanta. After touching off an incredible display of speed and moves Deion dashed into the endzone. That ability is what separates Deion as a personality from so many others who dare to stand up and make us notice them. Deion has speed. He’s the fastest man in the world. Ever. Carl Lewis? Ben Johnson? Wrong. Deion Sanders has taken the human race to a new top speed. All you have to do is see him to know. I’ve been on the same field when he’s intercepted a pass and taken it back for a touchdown. I’ve seen him up close as he tears up the field, faster than the rest, and then, if someone has a chance to cut him offat the pass, Deion has a turbo rocket that kicks in and leaves you wondering if you saw what you really saw. It’s a beautiful thing.”

A bit hyperbolistic and over-the-top? Sure. I doubt Deion approaches Ben Johnson’s speed. But this is the sort of rhetoric his skills inspired from a fellow professional footballer.

I would love to see this guy in action but after searching the far corners of every search engine I still can’t muster up any Mpegs of him only Pics and Bio’s… Bad news… :frowning:

I’ve got this highleet real of Deion I donwloaded from Kazza, forget the name of the file.

Me too … They are out there … Hope you can get one

http://www.nfl.com/nflfilmstv

THis site has alot of great clips of the Nfl greats at their best. You can search for your favorite players highlights and everything(the Barry Sanders tribute page is awesome) but you have to have a pretty fast computer though.

Reply and tell me if you like it.

Thanks for that dadmonson