Aviva London Grand Prix - Men's 100m heats

I would just look at the comparative results if you can and only think about tables when you don’t know any of the runners and their history (improvement expectations, peaking etc)

Asafa looks too top heavy and was in front of Bolt for the first half of the race. Then he just seem to give up once Usain took the lead and didnt bother after that. Wow.

Blake’s a good kid too. He’s a few months older than me so he’s becoming a favorite.

In Paris, which was almost no wind but far from ideal, 2nd and 3rd were 9.91 and 9.93. In London same guys were 2nd and 3rd with 10.11 and 10.13
Is that one tenth or is it two?

That’s exactly how I looked at it.

I would just look at the comparative results if you can and only think about tables when you don’t know any of the runners and their history (improvement expectations, peaking etc)

Second that. If we take a look at these performances over a shorter period (a few weeks) then the form of the runners in question can not oscillate as much as the wind readings. Meaning, the runners are fairly consistent in a lead up to a major and therefore we can rely on their performance consistency when comparing their times under different weather conditions.