Asics spikes ?

My Nike’s tore today in practice, and I am looking for a new set of budget spikes.

I saw the Japan Lite-Ning 2 in a sale somewhere and they do look good, can you go wrong with them ?

I can also get the Mizuno Tokyo 6 for the same price, but the Litenings sure do seem more “professional” in their build quality. And they’re japanese.

By the way am I the only one tearing the actual spikes off with their plastic housing when I run ? These shoes are made for junior high kids !

Thanks

Mizuno is also Japanese

Not sure what you’re looking for, but that Lite-Ning spike plate is very flexible, as in roll the whole shoe into a ball flexible. They seemed well built though, a good alternative to the Nike Max Cat. Athlete of mine only had them briefly so I can’t comment on longevity.

I see, I’m wondering if flexible is a good thing for a tall and “heavy” sprinter ? I’ve run in the Lite-Ning 1 before and they were ultra light and comfortable (Ran my PR in them).
Basically for me, the light flexible plate feels good at top speed, and it feels like the leg is moving swiftly, and with the heavier plate the movement is more “powerful” and heavy looking.

The light and flexible Lite-Ning 2:

The stiff and proven Mizuno Tokyo:

Both around 40 bucks.

I’ll order whatever gets the most votes in the next 24 hours :slight_smile: Ultimately it’s my hamstring that makes me fast anyway ! :cool:

I’m leaning towards the Asics after I have done this to a limited edition Mizuno Chronodash TT:

^^^ Did you try and contact Mizuno customer support? They might take those back, worth a shot at least for free shoes.

Good idea !
Should I call Mizuno USA or Japan ?

Call Mizuno USA

Get the ones which allow your Big End to to move freely. If the shoe has a plate that stops the toe from bending then that is bad.

Funny you should mention ! I messed up my toe today during an accel :slight_smile:

The lite-ning 1 were ultra wide on the toe area and it could move everywhere… I am guessing Lite-Ning 2 are the same.

Another point for the Litenings ?

I’ll call Mizuno and see what they say ! Thanks !!

If you have a toe injury or plantar fascia issues then the stiffer spike plate would reduce the strain on these regions.

Adidas did testing on their spike plates and determined that a stiffer plate was good for 1 or 2 hundredths of a second in the 100m. Donavon wore them for a while. (before his comeback from achilles tendon rupture)

The problem with a stiffer plate is more strain on the calfs and Achilles tendon. So, if you have an issue with calf strains then buy the Asics shoe. If not, then it is personal preference, really.

Silencer, another spike tear ? :stuck_out_tongue: dude…

I have another problem where all my spikes rip at where the right pinky is… my right foot is too wide.
I’ve tried so far NIke (I know, blahh…), mizuno, adidas and asics. Mizuno is the best so far… I know New Balances is known for their wide trainers, but I’m not sure about spikes.

Also: since my right foot is one full size bigger then the left (yes, in length), is any brand willing to ship one separate size for each foot?

Thanks and Silencer, sor:ory for the thread ‘interruption’.

Tokyo 6 ordered !!
Mizuno USA told me to contact Mizuno UK/Japan because the Chronodash is their work… We’ll see…

Stefanie - few options for you:

and my favorite:

HAHAHHAHAH,… ok !!! That’s actually very useful, I’m looking for HIGH heels these days, for my sister’s wedding. (re. last pic) It ain’t easy.