Asafa Powell 9.75w Heat, 9.81w Final

In addition to being all over his lane and in someone else’s, he was not fast through his drive phase.

Wind:+2.3
Rank Athlete Nation Result Reaction time Diamond Points Diamond Ranking
1 POWELL, Asafa JAM 9.81 0.164 4 1
2 CARTER, Nesta JAM 9.88 0.187 2 2
3 PADGETT, Travis USA 9.92 0.153 1 3
4 FRATER, Michael JAM 9.94 0.154
5 CLARKE, Lerone JAM 9.98 0.158
6 SAIDY NDURE, Jaysuma NOR 10.00 0.191
7 EDWARDS, Rae Monzavous USA 10.09 0.166
COLLIO, Simone ITA DNF 0.164

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqtYe0bxaf4

Here’s the 9.75:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfp9zhUhlcs

This is my opinion based on what I have been able to do where I live. I have said in an earlier post I join CF because I do not understand programming, I do not say I can’t coach.

Look at the vid from 1.00. over Saidy’s shoulder a drill is being done, it is not speed dynamics, no stepping over the knee or straightening the knee so you can paw the ground. After the start he loses control.

Call it a dynamic stretch if you want but it is a drill that I have been using on kids that the system coaches over here would not train because they were not at a high enough level, after they improved several were approached and told they were at that required level and would be coached if they asked again.

Asafa Powell’s start is in my opinion is good, what is lacking is a balance (left verses right) hence veering to the left. Look at Saidy’s start it is almost the same.

Sady, could you please tell me what school you went to, so I can make sure not to send my kids there? :D. Content aside, your punctuation is so bad it makes most of your posts a nightmare to read!

He went to Warren Central High School. Failed english in year 12, topped the state in Science,:cool:

What is he doing with his strides half way through the race?! Trying to be Ali or something?

And in the final he got out of his lane - twice!

Well done! Good start, fast running…looking forward to a great season.

Asafa appears to have his back foot placed higher than his front one in the blocks and I wonder if placing them more level as Carter looks to have his may reduce his swerve?

Neural patterning! For first race of year, and according to NP theory, without serious injury from the big guys, this is gonna be a good season!

I think the reason he has that back foot up higher than he used to even is because of the new blocks with the really high backs. In order for him to get the stretch reflex of the foot going back at the start he needs the heel over the back of the block.

Asafa really has those knees high around the 60m mark. Almost as if he is bounding, and a little greater so then years previous. Makes you wonder if his camp thinks that with bigger strides he may catch bolt

Is it bigger strides or everything coming together as planned? Maybe he is finally taking it serious. Any reports of him missing sessions, showing up late etc as in years past?

I would think he is sick of getting smoked for 2 straight years.

Misread this “Maybe he is finally taking steroids”, haha

Guys don’t even mention it please!!

as far as asafas stride…when hes fully upright it looks as if hes raising his hips and free wheeling. personally id like to see him continue pushing rather than running like retired sprinter o.thompson from bahamas

Did anyone notice Carter take a dive at the end of the race? Hilarious that he didn’t go with the curve.

Let’s not forget he was pretty clearly hurt last year. He was allegedly still recovering from his torn pec, as well as having an ankle problem for most of the season.

It should be a good year outdoors all right!

His pec tear required surgery. Somewhere I think KK posted a photo up close of the scar.

everybody, even school kids here now know who the best sprinter inn the world is. Usain Bolt, everybody knows he is the best. Now imagine asafa beating Usain? Sure Asafa used to be the best, but nobody knew him. If he can pull out a few wins against Usain, its gunna be an awesome year for track. Simply awesome!

4 Jamaicans under 10 in this race! wow that roster is deep

Was that a camera man he took out after the finish line.

Yeah, he took out a photographer. It looked like he shrugged his shoulders at the end signifying he didn’t know where to go…?