Asafa 9.82 in Monaco

Jason, you have to keep uploading GPs in future, I am addicted to it now. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot.

how much time can be gained/lost from a very soft track to a very hard track. i know it depends on level of sprinter, but in theory if you take the 9.7x world record and ran it on a slow average highschool track, what kind of time are we talking? thanks.

AC

Any why wouldn’t it be legit? Because the wind looked strong on your tv?

Im wondering that too, what if we have the olympic 100m final at the track I train at, sub 10s even possible!? :eek:

A crappy track can certainly kill times and the new generation tracks clearly have altered the first 30m splits for the better- i’d guess by .05 or so.

Why has it affected the 1st 30m more so than the rest of the race? 30m times have improved, but mid and end race splits seem to have remained pretty stable since the 80’s and are only now moving down below 0.83s. Is it related to contact times?

Because hardness helps return more of the energy you put into the track, which is all upside when you are in the forward position landing behind the CM but when you are upright, it’s a wash because what you gain on the this side you loose through increased stubbing effect on the landing portion ahead of the CM (my take anyway)

i also thought so