1x6 bicep curls 29kg.
2x6 bicep curls 33.6kg.

1x6 bench press 38kg.
1x6 bench press 42.6kg.
1x6 bench press 51.8kg.
1x6 bench press 56.4kg.

2x8 pullups
3x8 dips

Did weights at 6AM. Missed Wednesday’s sessions so I decided to test out what I had thought all along would be the solution to my workout schedule. Wasn’t so. The session was ok, I didn’t move any weights up. But the major problem was warming up, took forever to get started. During the day I was ok, felt no ill effects from the early morning workout, be it in fatigue or energy levels, I was ok, like any day. But the problems came starting Thursday afternoon.

I went to the track and couldn’t work out. I jogged and strentched, then after like 10m. in my first strides I stopped. I had this weird feeling of a tight ligament in the inside of my right knee. I immediately stopped the workout. I had also felt it a bit during jogging, but thought it would go away after stretching. That really spooked me. Just the thought of tearing a ligament and being out for 6 months. :eek: :frowning:

I then just stretched again and went home. :frowning: The virtually sure conclusion is that I suffered some minor injury from a poor warmup before weights. Not doing weight in the morning again, I already have enough problems warming up in the afternoon.

So that was a frustrating hurdle in my comeback, just when I was getting committed to doing track. :mad:

Friday September 28
1x6 bicep curls 24.6kg.
1x6 bicep curls 29kg.
1x6 bicep curls 33.6kg.
1x6 bicep curls 38kg.

1x6 bench press 38kg.
1x6 bench press 42.6kg.
1x6 bench press 51.8kg.
1x6 bench press 56.4kg.

2x8 pullups
3x8 dips

Weights. Only did upper body. No way I was risking my knee and now in my mind it’s more important I’m able to do two or three track sessions in the week then the weights sessions.

Saturday September 29

4x80m. with 3 mins rest untimed
5 mins rest
3x200m. rest with walkback rest untimed

Great workout. Felt pretty winded. BEAUTIFUL day, no way in hell I wasn’t going to the track today. I think it’s been like 8 months since we last had a day like this. Went a bit early to the track and caught some rays too. :slight_smile:

Still had the discomfort in my knee. Didn’t feel it during the jog or barely. Then it started bothering when I did my first accel during the warmup, immediately wiped accels off my warmup list for the next week at least. Acceleration angles and weird movements ie to the side seem to be dangerous for my knee right now. But as I had sort of expected the problem went away once I had really warmed up. Felt weird during the first 80, but after the first 80 felt nothing at all, or maybe some mild weirdness accelerating on the curve during the 200’s. Did all reps with a flying start.

Right now I feel no discomfort and the workout was 5 hours ago. Let’s see how it feels tomorrow, but I think I might have fixed the problem completing the session and seeing what happened after really warming up, sometimes you just need to work through things.

Definitely keeping leg weight off the routine for another session at least.

Thank gawd I was able to workout. Would have been depressing big time to not be able to do a track session now that I’m motivated … with the bonus the day was incredible for running … plus I’m having some girl trouble … so I really didn’t need more reason to be depressed. :rolleyes: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

1x6 front squat 56.4kg.
1x6 front squat 60.8kg.
1x6 front squat 65.4kg.
1x6 front squat 69.8kg. SB

1x6 back squat 56.4kg.
1x6 back squat 60.8kg.
1x6 back squat 65.4kg.
1x6 back squat 69.8kg. SB

1x6 bicep curls 23.6kg.
1x6 bicep curls 29kg.
1x6 bicep curls 33.6kg.
1x6 bicep curls 38kg. PB

1x6 bench press 42.6kg.
1x6 bench press 51.8kg.
1x6 bench press 56.4kg.
1x6 bench press 60.8kg. SB

2x8 pullups
3x8 dips

Very positive session. I’m out of the woods with the knee issue, felt nothing today, decided to go forward with leg weights, felt nothing before, during or after. Did add some jumps to the warmup before the squats to ensure my legs are nicely activated.

Increased weight in all exercises, SB’s in every exercise, front and back squat, arm curls and bench press.

This is my last week of 4x6 sets, next week is unloading and then I’m moving to sets of 4 reps for 3 weeks, that will take me to the first comp. There I’ll move on to sets of 2 or 3 as max strength and then just maintain till late November/early december when I hope I start a real GPP.

Going to the track tomorrow. :slight_smile: I’ll switch day one to something more intense then the easy 120’s and tempo. Probably going to do 2x150 walk 50-150 walk 50-150.

Just brilliant. Felt great. Easy.

150 (walk 50) 150 (50) 150
Rest 10 minutes
150 (50) 150 (50) 150

I’ll be getting my stopwatch tomorrow, had to send it to get fixed as it wasn’t working anymore. No idea the times I’m doing. I assume these 150’s were close to mid 20’s. Very easy pace, probably 75% or so. I still have that clock in me that knows what intensity I can handle with a certain rest period. Any faster then I went and I wouldn’t have been able to make it to the last one. Was a good workout. But at the same time I felt very good running, my form was good and I felt like I was advancing with little effort. Like I was moving forward, that everything was just moving forward.

Can’t wait for the next track workout. I’ve definitely got the itch now. :smiley:

Time is going by fast. That comp is going to be on top of me faster then I think.

Re : the injury, did feel some mild discomfort, seems like it doesn’t want to go away completely. Only feel it when running though, in particular in the warmup or accelerating. I guess it will go away alone. Did almost sprain my ankle twice today, once mistepping in a hole in grass and then mistepping on a step. I guess it was my lucky day. Pretty scary when you’re that close to disaster, in particular the one in the grass I twisted my ankle pretty bad, but I was right next to a gate and got hold immediately and was able to pull out before twisting it more. Lucky.

Well disaster pretty much struck, but I’ve still been able to train. I’ve been sick since Wednesday, virtually everyone in my company got struck by some flu virus that causes pretty bad throat irritation. I luckily got a mild case or maybe I’m stronger then the other people, half the people in my office got bedridden with this. The most irritating part is that it’s persistent, I’ve had it for 6 days now and the sore throat doesn’t go away, but at least the flu-like weakness finally went away today. I skipped Wednesday’s weights session, the illness made my knees and legs all sore and even crampy. then I trained on Thursday :

3x60m. with 3m. rest., 2x200m. with 100m. walk rest.

Cut the 200’s short, I had planned to do two sets, but my legs were cramping up everywhere, I wouldn’t have made it another 200 without cramping up. Actually I thought I was lucky to get that far into the workout.

On Friday I did a very light weights sessions for maintenance mostly, I was feeling dead tired and weak and again with that sore knees and pulled quads feeling. For legs I only did 3x8 back squat with only the bar, just to move my legs a bit. Then I did a light upper body workout :

1x6 bicep curls 23.6kg.
1x6 bicep curls 29kg.
1x6 bicep curls 33.6kg.

1x6 bench press 38kg.
1x6 bench press 42.6kg.
1x6 bench press 51.8kg.

1x8 pullups
2x8 dips

Was dead by the end of this reduced workout.

On Saturday was feeling a little better but still sluggish, went to see a comp and felt I could have trained, but I hadn’t taken any clothes or shoes. I think it was the best thing to rest anyway.

Did nothing Sunday.

Today I was much better, still have the sore throat and clogged ears and other symptoms, going to the doctor sometime this week.

Did a light weights session today, I guess this week will forcibly be my unloading week, till I’m finally 100% again to begin moving up once more :

3x6 front squat 51.8kg.

3x6 back squat 51.8kg.

1x6 bicep curls 23.6kg.
1x6 bicep curls 29kg.
1x6 bicep curls 33.6kg.

1x6 bench press 38kg.
1x6 bench press 42.6kg.
1x6 bench press 51.8kg.

3x8 dips

Going to the track tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Tuesday October 9
Ended up resting, the day was very cold and rainy and I was about 95% recovered from the illness, didn’t want to take any risks of a relapse, so took the day off.

October 10
Light weights session.

1x6 bicep curls 23.6kg.
1x6 bicep curls 29kg.
1x6 bicep curls 33.6kg.

1x6 bench press 38kg.
1x6 bench press 42.6kg.
1x6 bench press 51.8kg.

3x8 dips

October 11
80 (4) 80 (4) 80
(8)
80 (4) 80 (4) 80

Raining again. This week has been horrible. Rain every day. Sick of it. Decided to train through the rain today. I’m 100% recovered so it was safe. The session felt good. Quality declined in the last set of 80’s. Must have been less then 80% effort. It does feel like I could intensify a bit without problem. Don’t really think I’ll be ready to run anything in 10 days. Thinking whether it’s more realistic to 1) move my “comeback” date back to the 3 of November or 10 of November or 2) start a GPP now. In terms of weights I’d definitely be better off starting hypertrophy now. I see the work I did wasn’t adequate. I need to start off with some bodybuilding type 12 rep sets and creatine to really get the type of mass increase I’m looking for.

I knew this was coming. :slight_smile: :wink: :smiley:

The idea had been growing in my head for weeks now. I didn’t really feel completely happy with my “half-baked” comeback. It did feel good for a while to just do something, anything, but now I’m ready to take it a step further. The competitive fire is starting to burn in me again, and I am not one that does things half-way. I generally either completely do something or don’t do it at all.

Starting to train for real now, aiming for a competitive comeback in early 2008. The way I figure it, now is the perfect time. I’d be aiming to be in top shape for the mid-February to mid-March comp period. So I have 17 weeks till mid-February. Perfect for a 7 week GPP, 7 week SPP and 4 week pre-comp preparation.

Conveniently I still even have the Template I prepared in late 2004 which I never got to implement before I “retired”. Actually I did the first 3 or 4 weeks of that GPP and it had an effect on my acceleration I’ll never forget. It was ridiculously effective.

What will change, is that I’ll have to adapt to the circumstances, the number of workout days will be limited, though hopefully will increase in the coming months. More then one day of tempo a week is out of the question, and the usual week will be two or three speed workouts at best. I’ll aim for two sessions minimum. Splitting the weights into alternating lower and upper body days is also pretty much out of the question, I’ll keep cramming all my weights into three workouts a week.

Weights :

1x12 front squat 29kg.
1x12 front squat 33.6kg.
1x12 front squat 38kg.

1x12 back squat 29kg.
1x12 back squat 33.6kg.
1x12 back squat 38kg.

3x12 bicep curls 20kg.

1x12 bench press 29kg.
1x12 bench press 33.6kg.
1x12 bench press 38kg.

2x8 pullups
3x8 dips

Day 1 of hypertrophy of my new plan. Cranking the creatine back in. BCAA’s, etc. Looking for a massive mass increase. I’m really taking this hypertrophy period seriously. My body needs to be ready to put in the strength gains I’m expecting, in particular I finally need to fix my shit upper body numbers. That has really been lingering around and bothering me forever. Time to do something about it.

Took it pretty easy today, weightswise and reps wise. Eliminated a full set and was very conservative. With good reason, my legs and upper body were a little sore. If I had pushed it I would have been VERY sore. Moving to 4x12 on Monday’s session.

Weights :

1x12 front squat 29kg.
1x12 front squat 33.6kg.
1x12 front squat 38kg.
1x12 front squat 42.6kg.

1x12 back squat 29kg.
1x12 back squat 33.6kg.
1x12 back squat 38kg.
1x12 back squat 42.6kg.

4x12 bicep curls 20kg.

1x12 bench press 29kg.
1x12 bench press 33.6kg.
2x12 bench press 38kg.

3x8 pullups
3x12 dips

Today was a holiday here, thank gawd, a nice easy, calm weekday for a change. Tomorrow the craziness starts again.

Second hypertrophy workout, moved up in reps across the board. I hope I can move tomorrow.

Quite probably doing hills day one tomorrow.

But I just bought the GPP DVD and it really has caused a paradigm shift in my thinking, and reminded me of so many things I had forgotten. Funny how it took so long to piece so much together and then one forgets everything in a couple of years. Man, I’m leaving so much out it’s scary. I need to get a med ball pronto for starters and finally straighten out my core work. I guess I can add that without problems, maybe do it in the AM.

The video is truly brilliant, how much I wish there was coaching like that over here. Truly another world of coaching and knowledge. My hat is off for Charlie. Brilliant. :cool:

Printing and reviewing everything tomorrow again … or sometime this week when I have time and redrawing out my GPP.

GPP hills day 1

10x10m. with 1 min 30 rest aprox.

Low intensity, probably 85% or so.

Actually planned to do 12x10m. but felt some fatigue on rep 10 and cut the workout there. Definitely didn’t want to get injured on day 1!:eek:

4x12 bicep curls 20kg.

1x12 bench press 29kg.
1x12 bench press 33.6kg.
2x12 bench press 38kg.

3x8 pullups
3x12 dips

Ran into trouble. Sigh. Had a cramp in my right calf when I was sleeping Tuesday night. In the inside lower area of the calf. Immediately cut creatine, started taking a multi-vit. Took a hot bath that night. Plenty of massage. I was still crippled all day long Wednesday and barely slept Tuesday night after this. Fu–ing painful. Luckily on Wednesday night it suddenly just went away. Kind of like a knot getting untied. One moment it was there another it wasn’t, just a slight remnant of discomfort around the area. Cancelled leg weights, although I felt I could have already done something Thursday, also moved back my 2nd hills day to Friday and only doing leg weights again on Sunday I think. So luckily the cramp is gone and I’m back on track.

Hills.

10x10m.
10x20m.

Solid session. Felt good. Luckily no problems with my cramped calf. If at all very mild discomfort, but I think it was more psychological then real. Being scared of cramping up again.

Felt uncoordinated for most of the session, it felt like I was either using too much arms or too much legs and no arms on most reps. Finally on the 7th 20m. rep and onwards I suddenly was able to coordinate both components and felt real smooth. I liked the feeling alot. I’m very optimistic about my comeback. :slight_smile:

Just some random thoughts that suddenly came to my mind today. Thinking after seeing the GPP vid, and sort of thinking and reviewing my previous training experiences, I suddenly got some flashes or ideas of about where I failed in the past. My main thought was that I was failing in the late GPP/early SPP every time by not full developing acceleration : only developing up to 30m. or so and not following through and transitioning to speed. Need to study this more as I think more about my next few weeks of training.

My next hills session will move to a new location, the hills I went to today are only good for up to 20m. Next session I hope to move to 10x10m., 10x20m. and 10x30m. and complete the buildup to 600m. speed sessions. Pondering on doing a tempo session tomorrow, need to check the availability of spaces and mainly my motivation, I have to go in the morning to where I do tempo because in the PM they don’t let you use the facilities on Saturdays.

Went back and read my late 2004 GPP which was good … then continued reading my journal. Just insane to see all this stuff in writing, sort of the “story of my life” in the last 3 years. Insane. I guess life IS hard. One has to make choices, not always the ones one wants to make and hope in the end the outcome is favorable … or maybe sometimes you just already know in your head what the outcome will be and you go in and take the beating and pay the “floor price” to claim a stake at your ground in life. Unfortunately this means leave behind dreams on hold or even have to discard them to go from point A to B, which generally means go to where the money is … without it you can’t really accomplish many of those dreams. Such is life. I’m happy I was persistent enough to finally come back to what I like despite the hard times. Man, just seeing the amount of times I TRIED to come back in the interim till I was finally able to come back, it’s sort of moving or motivational, not sure what the right word is.

Anyway. Here is that 2004 GPP summarized, it appears to be the same one or very similar to the GPP DVD one, can’t recall at all how I pieced together that GPP :

October 12 2004

Upper body hypertrophy - Day 1

Bench press 8x4 50kg
Standing biceps curl with barbell 6x6 22.5kg
Lat pulldowns 6x6 45kg
Dips 3x6 5kg
Crunches 3x20
Reverse hypers 3x6

October 14

Upper body hypertrophy day 2
Bench press 8x4 50kg
Standing biceps curls with barbell 4x6 22.5kg 2x6 25kg
Lat pulldowns 6x6 45kg

First tempo session of GPP
10x100 with 15 abs one end 15 abs, drink water the other

October 16

Upper body weights
Bench press 8x4 50kg
Standing bicep curls with barbell 6x6 22.5kg
Lat pulldowns 6x6 45kg
Dips 3x8 unweighted

Tempo
200-100-200-100-200-100-200
Total volume : 1100m.
45 secs between 200 and 100, 1 min 30 between 100 and 200
4x25 abs at end

October 18

2x6x10m. 30 degree slope hill
6x15m. 15 degree slope hill
Total meters : 195m.

Weights :
8x4 hang clean 50kg

October 19

Weights :
Bench press 8x4 55kg
Standing biceps curls with barbell 6x6 22.5kg
Lat pulldowns 6x6 45kg
Dips 3x10 unweighted

Tempo :
6x200m. with 20 abs and 2 mins rest total

October 20

Hills
6x10m.
2x6x20m.
6x30m.
Total meters : 480m.

Weights :
8x4 hang clean 40kg
6x4 deep squat 80kg
Reverse hypers 3x4

Ended the day with massage.

October 21

Tempo
7x100, 6x100 (pushups one end, abs the other)

Weights :
8x4 bench press 55kg
6x6 standing bicep curls with barbell 22.5kg
6x6 lat pulldown 45kg
3x10 dips unweighted

October 23

Hills
6x10m.
6x20m.
2x6x30m.
Total meters : 540m.

Weights :
8x4 hang clean 40kg
8x4 deep squat 80kg

October 24

Tempo
7x200 (pushups one end abs the other - 2 mins total rest)

Weights
8x4 bench press 50kg
6x6 biceps curls 22.5kg
6x6 lat pulldowns 45kg
3x8 dips 4kg

October 26

Weights :
8x4 bench press 60kg
6x6 arm curls 25kg
6x6 lat pulldowns 50kg
3x8 dips 7kg

October 28

Hills
6x20m.
3x5 30m.
Total meters : 570m. (volume peak 1)

Weights :
8x4 hang clean 40kg
3x4 deadlift 30kg (technique)
8x4 deep squat 80kg

October 29
Tempo
5x200-100 with 1 min and abs between 200 and 100 and 2 mins and pushups between sets.

Med ball
2x4 overhead throws
2x4 chest throws

Weights
Bench press 8x4 60kg
Biceps curls 6x6 25kg
Front pulldowns 6x6 40kg
Dips 3x8 7kg
Pushups to failure 33
Pushups to failure 17

October 30

Hills
3x6x30m. (2nd set from pushup)

Weights
Hang clean 8x4 45kg
Push press 4x4 40kg
Deep squat 8x4 85kg

October 31

Tempo
2x4x100
8x100
Pushups one end, abs the other

Med ball
3x4 overhead throws
3x4 chest passes
1x4 each side backwards side passes

Weights
8x4 bench press 60kg
6x6 biceps curls 25kg
6x6 lat pulldowns 45kg
4x8 dips 7kg
pushups to failure 24

November 8

3x4x40m.
Total meters 480m.

Weights :
6x3 hang clean 50kg
6x3 push press 50kg
6x3 deep squat 90kg
All 45 secs now (all 8x4 in weeks 1-3 were with 30 secs)

November 18

5x40m.
5x50m.
Total meters : 450m.

Weights :
Deep squat 6x3 90kg
Deadlift 3x3 30kg

November 22

3x40m.
4x50m.
3x60m.
Total meters : 500m.

Alt. leg bounds 2x20m.

Med ball situps 3x10
Med ball alt. side situps 1x10

Weights :
Hang clean 6x3 50kg
Push press 6x3 50kg
Deep squat 6x3 90kg
Deadlift 3x3 40kg

And from here on things went to shit … sporadic training till I suddenly completely dropped off for an year and three months, then did some sporadic sessions for like an year till I finally came back again mid 2007.

Just a thought technically. I’ve been focusing or actually sort of moved alone into doing this, on each attempted comeback I’ve “moved” into using my arms more and more, leading up to now where I’m feeling like I lead and run more with my arms then my legs. It’s like my legs follow arm action. Then piecing together and thinking back on things I’ve heard and seen, now most recently in the GPP DVD, this is the right path. The arms are sort of a “trigger”. I guess before it was impossible for the run as well as I could since I virtually had no arm action … fault of poor coaching.

An interesting summary and stats I made in late 2004.

Notes from April 26-October 10 period

Precomp and comp from July 26 to October 10
Volumes during period : (total meters 10,330)
Short speed (10-50m.) : 1790m. = 17.3% of total
Speed (60-80m.) : 2300m. = 22.3%
Speed endurance (100-120m.) : 1040m. = 10.0%
Special endurance (150-400m.) : 3600m. = 34.8%
Submax/technique : 1600m. = 15.5%

Total of speed work (60-120m.): 3340m. = 32.3% of which an even smaller % must have been good quality work.

My GPP and SPP aren’t even worth analyzing with exactitude, the % there must be around :

Short speed (10-50m. or flying runs with short acc) : 45% of total
Speed (60-80m. or flying runs with longer acc and fly zone) : 10%
Speed endurance (100-120m.) : 0%
Special endurance (150-400m.) : 30%
Submax/technique : 15%

Looking at these % figures it becomes more and more clear it should be no surprise I didn’t develop speed aside from massively developing acceleration! I guess I should take the positive as being that I worked technically and extensively on my first 30m. and corrected this which had been by far my worst area in the previous year. Now I need to redevelop my middle section of the race. OK, now I’ve got things pretty clear in my mind so I’ll start building my general layout first on the bompa template.

Other notes :

• Jumps weren’t introduced till precomp
  • Max strength phase wasn’t completed
  • SE2 was worked on only at the start of the GPP and then cut off
  • SE was not worked on till precomp
  • Tempo work was scrappy and ocassional with no regular schedule
  • Core work was even scrappier and disorganized

Focuses on track should be :

• Max v development, quality speed work in particular from 60-120m.
  • Ensuring SE2 is worked on properly
  • A lot of technical focus on getting arm involvement down solidly into my technique

Focuses on the gym will be :

• Core strengthening will be the main focus
  • Developing upper body strength levels and cross section will be given major importance too
  • Minor focus on improving lower body strength, more focus on perfecting execution of lower body lifts which will help for my next max strength phase when hopefully with a more solid core I’ll attempt to push through the level I’m at now

Weights :

1x12 front squat 29kg.
1x12 front squat 33.6kg.
1x12 front squat 38kg.

1x12 back squat 29kg.
1x12 back squat 33.6kg.
1x12 back squat 38kg.

3x12 bicep curls 20kg.
1x12 bicep curls 24.6kg.

1x12 bench press 29kg.
1x12 bench press 33.6kg.
1x12 bench press 38kg.
1x12 bench press 42.6kg.

2x8 pullups
3x12 dips

Average session. Was kinda hard to warm up and get started. Reintroduced leg weights, although with one set less. Moved up a bit in upper body weights. Upper body weights are progressing nicely. I also think I’m starting to gain mass. I should measure and weight myself to gauge progress at the end of the GPP. Don’t have a balance though. Will see where I can find one. Pondering when my next hills session will be. I’d like to do one tomorrow, but the longer hill is unavailable on weekends, it gets covered by a market. And the shorter hill isn’t what I need any more, I can’t do 30m. reps there. I guess I’ll have to wait till Monday to do the 30m. reps on the longer hill.

Weights :

1x12 front squat 29kg.
1x12 front squat 33.6kg.
1x12 front squat 38kg.
1x12 front squat 42.6kg.

1x12 back squat 29kg.
1x12 back squat 33.6kg.
1x12 back squat 38kg.
1x12 back squat 42.6kg.

1x12 bicep curls 20kg.
3x12 bicep curls 24.6kg.

1x12 bench press 29kg.
1x12 bench press 33.6kg.
1x12 bench press 38kg.
1x12 bench press 42.6kg.

3x8 pullups
3x12 dips

Very solid session. I’m back on track after the week I lost when I was sick. Felt like I could do much more. Will start pushing things up a bit starting next session. Problem is the big jump to 51.8kg. Although I felt good in the squats and bench press @ 42.6kg. not sure if I can do a set of 12 with 51.8kg. for any of those exercises. I guess we’ll see.

Doing hills tomorrow. Going to the longer hill. Haven’t gone there in years. I hope there are no problems.

Reintroduced creatine. Only 1 gram per day. I seem to be very sensitive to creatine, just 2 grams per day already seems to be too much. But it’s been noticeable how I’ve lost hypertrophy in the couple of days since I cut it.

Weights :

1x12 front squat 33.6kg.
1x12 front squat 38kg.
1x12 front squat 42.6kg.
1x12 front squat 42.6kg.

1x12 back squat 33.6kg.
1x12 back squat 38kg.
1x12 back squat 42.6kg.
1x12 back squat 42.6kg.

1x12 bicep curls 20kg.
3x12 bicep curls 24.6kg.

1x12 bench press 33.6kg.
1x12 bench press 38kg.
1x12 bench press 42.6kg.
1x12 bench press 42.6kg.

3x12 dips
2x8 pullups

Average session. Was kinda tough to get started. Moved a bit up in weights. Pondering whether to try the big jump to 51.8kg. next session. I’ll see how I feel. Lot’s of work. I hope I can put in a hills session tomorrow.

4x100-3x100-3x100

Tempo.

Easy tempo session. At least did SOMETHING this week. Hills got rained out Thursday, so I ended up the week with no hills sessions. Oh well.

1x12 bicep curls 20kg.
2x12 bicep curls 24.6kg.
1x12 bicep curls 29kg.

1x12 bench press 33.6kg.
1x12 bench press 38kg.
1x12 bench press 42.6kg.
1x12 bench press 42.6kg.

3x8 pullups
3x12 dips
1x15 pushups

Separated my lower and upper body weights days. This was inevitable. I feel I’m not working either section well scrambling everything into one day. Don’t have time for one long 2 hour weights session with everything. 1 hour sessions every day will work though. At least during the GPP. When I start going to the track again I’ll have to switch back. I won’t be able to make it in time to do weights at home during track days. Will be adding an exercise or two to each weights day. For upper body, probably pushups and or chair dips or maybe inclined bench or military press. For lower body hang snatch and maybe push press.