a. 2 hurdle drill sets
b. 3x8 each single leg db calf raise@100
b. 2x6 squat@300
c. 1x8 rev hyper@70
c. 1x100 medball twist throws

ankle and hip icing

light stretch

notes:
-had to run outside today, there was still some snow on the track, but i shoveled off the heavy areas that i needed to run through. spikes handled thin powder fine
-top speed in the 75’s felt pretty good, my knee lift seems to have improved
-abs and right hip still a bit sore

sat dec 25

some microstretching

ankle/hip icing

ankle/hip self-massage

notes:
-i seem to be adding bulk, but we will see when i weigh in tomorrow if the scale agrees
-i got the book “jumping into plyometrics” by chu for xmas today so maybe now ill know what im doing with plyos, esp bc with snowfall they may have to become a bigger part of my program as the season goes on and i cant get out of the house (which limits me to an ellyptical, a medball but no wall and a swissball, and some resistance bands). i also got a book on weight training for track and field which will be nice because they have lots of example set ups in it, with weekly progressions

sun dec 26

800m jog
stretch checks
grass tempo:
-1000m circuit

2:00 erg warm up
jump rope
3x3 each human flags (hold last rep)
a. 3x3 bench@185/195/205
a. 3x3 bentover bb row@155/165/175
3x8 upper body circuit
2 min abs circuit
light stretch

ankle/hip self-massage

mon dec 27

weigh in -> 151 lbs

snowboarding
a. 3x8 ab rollouts
a. 3x8 stomach vacuums
cf store bike workout, 1st set (except the intervals were done on ellyptical)
3 3 pt blast outs
100 low contact plyos
light stretch

notes:
-i am running a meet tomorrow at the reggie lewis center. the 300, ill set my goal at 37.94 since thats the state qualifying time
-i put on 3 lbs in this one week, and i did notice i looked a bit bulkier. not sure why this happened, but looks like muscle weight to me, so i’m not going to worry about it unless this trend continues into the championship meets

tues dec 28

meet:
-300m@39.12 s :confused:

2’ erg warm up
a. 3 hurdle drills circuit
a. 2x100 medball throws
light stretch

ankle self-massage

notes:
-i caught tape of the video and my form actually looked pretty good, n a couple stride i overstrode a bit, but my knee and hip height were both excellent, and so was my stride length. my father said it looked a little funny, but i think hes just not used to seeing submax sprinting since he usually has only seen me run the 55
-my time wouldve been much better had i not been blocked out of lane 1 and ended up running the whole race in lane 2 or further out. i dont think 37s wouldve been unreasonable had i not had lane problems, so as far as the stimulus from the race goes, i still ran it pretty fast, just i ran over 300m hence a poor time
-i am running the 55 and the 4x200 tomorrow. i would like to run 6.89 for the 55 and 22.9h split for the 4x2. i set not too lofty goals because the timing is unfortunate as i just raced today. a 6.94 would qualify me for states, but id like to see me in at least the 6.8s and a 22.9 split for the 4x2 would be a pr for me

Wed dec 29

Meet:
-55 6.94
-4x2 split 24.1

Jump rope
3x3 power clean@165/175/185
2x6 parallel squat@300
A. 3x8 rev hyper@70
A. 3x8 each single leg calf raise@100
Light sretch

Notes:
-terrible start in the 55 again, las ten meters so so again. I think with weights unloading my top speed should be freed up
-lots of weaving and rung in Lane 2 for my 200 split, plus I could feel the 300 from yesterday and the 55 tskingits toll

thurs dec 30

snowboarding

4’ erg warm up
a. 3x3 bench@185/195/205
3x8 upperbody circuit
2 min abs circuit
second half of bike workout
stretch checks

self back of pcl knee massage

notes:
-soreness in obliques and all over my legs today
-i put up the 205 with no help, which is a first for me, which is nice. honestly i only chose that weight because its easy to plate, but now i can do it actually
-i havent done plyos the last two days, like i usually wouldve bc i plan on implementing some complex training on this sunday, so thatll be enough of a stimulus from plyos for this weekend

fri dec 31

track prac:
warm up
4x400m@relaxed pace r:400m walk
1 block start
3x3 each human flags (hold last rep til failure)
a. 3x8 ab rollouts
a. 3x8 stomach vacuums
light stretch

snowboarding

notes:
-i ran with the team today, im not really sue what the purpose of the 400s were, or why we did blocks after them? i made sure not to go to hard on the 400s (we didnt have times) and i managed to get away with only doing one start, bc with the leg fatigue i could only see myself making my start even worse if practicing tired
-i’m not exiting my blocks very explosively, itll be my quest to fix that before february
-very little soreness today, that bike workout can work magic sometimes! after doing it, i usually get over my soreness much faster than when i did tempo running

sat jan 1

some microstretching
knee self-massage

notes:
-i stayed up pretty late last night and didnt get much sleep, but i should be ready to train gain sunday morning if i go to bed early
-i will weigh in tomorrow morning and see if those 3 lbs were a fluke or if i still have em

sun jan 2

4’ jog
stretch checks
pre race
3 push up starts (easy, half effort, close to full effort)
speed:
-2x30m blocks
-2x60m blocks
-2x80m blocks
-2x~200m blocks
some more blast outs
25 contacts plyos

jump rope
25 contacts plyos
a. 2x6 squat@300
a. hurdle drills
b. 2x100 medball throws
b. 50 each x-band
light stretch

ankle and knee self-massage

notes:
-between rain and the recent heat much of the snow melted so i was psyched to get out on the track for a nice speed workout (since my school’s program lacks pure speed training)
-i used two new cues while doing blocks:
i notied that in old vids i havent been pushing at all with my back foot, i might as well have had only one pad, so i thought about using both, then increasing my arm drive for my first 10m. it felt and looked much better
-i downloaded the starter pistol app for my ipod, so i will use that whenever i must train alone but am using blocks to train my horrid rt (as of late). i can probably also it use to work on rt with just the wrist flick when ot in track training

mon jan 3

ankle exercises
4’ erg warm up
stretch checks
a. 3x3 bench@185/195/205*
pre race
grass tempo:
-1000m circuit
2x8 upper body circuit
2’ abs circuit
3x30s marching a’s r:1’

notes:
-grr, i failed on my third rep of 205, im still very inconsistent at that weight
-i reduced the circuit to 2x8 as i am going to begin my unloading of hypertrophy work and by mid january should have eliminated it completely to leave more energy for speed development and peaking. major lifts such as bench, squat and clean i will slowly unload with the hypertrophy work, but at a somewhat lower rate so that im at maintenance at the end of january (my maintenance for the championship meets will probably be just bench for the upperbody, one set of squats and some power clean sets for my lower, then low intensity work during the other days to keep fresh)

tues jan 4

team warm up
ankle exercises
20’ jog
3x3 each (hold last rep) human flags
a. 3x8 ab rollouts
a. 3x8 stomach vacuums
light stretch

notes:
-i’m fairly certain that my team just didnt have a workout to do because m pretty sure lsd (long slow distance) doesnt really have a place in a sprinting program, bc i cant really think of how this wouldve developed speed?
-i thought we were gonna do int tempo or blocks, but i guess its okay bc today was essentially an offday for me then, since a lot of that 2-’ was spent walking, and i do believe i train more than i should, so such a light day may have even been good for me
-i’m planning on trying out some complex training tomorrow. with a meet on sat and the fact that its so cold out i think its my best option since my team doesnt do speedwork so i cant use our indoor track

wed jan 5

2’ erg
jump rope
stretch checks
pre race
a. 5x2 power clean@185
a. 5x20yd 3pt r:5’
b. 3x3 squat@315
b. 3x5 depth jumps r:5’
c. 2x8 rev hypers@70
c. 2x8 each single leg calf raises@100
d. 2x100 medball throws
d. hurdle drills
d. 50 each x-band
3x30s marching a’s r:wb
light stretch

notes:
-i tried contrast training for the first time today, i am planning on taking tomorow off, doing my usual premeet stuff on friday, then i have a meet on sat
-i concentrated on arm swing during the 20’s and it felt good, guess well see in the race

wed jan 5

2’ erg
jump rope
stretch checks
pre race
a. 5x2 power clean@185
a. 5x20yd 3pt r:5’
b. 3x3 squat@315
b. 3x5 depth jumps r:5’
c. 2x8 rev hypers@70
c. 2x8 each single leg calf raises@100
d. 2x100 medball throws
d. hurdle drills
d. 50 each x-band
3x30s marching a’s r:wb
light stretch

notes:
-i tried contrast training for the first time today, i am planning on taking tomorow off, doing my usual premeet stuff on friday, then i have a meet on sat
-i concentrated on arm swing during the 20’s and it felt good, guess well see in the race

thurs jan 6

ankle exercises
2 min abs circuit
microstretching
self-massage (hip, back of knee, ankle)
ankle icing
wrist flicks to itouch starter gun app

fri jan 7

4’ jog
stretch checks
pre race
3 point starts
block blast outs
1 fly
2x8 upperbody circuit submax
light stretch
icing

notes:
-meet tomorrow, goals are 6.6h for the 55m and 38.9h for the 300m (150m rubber track)

sat jan 8

jog
stretch checks
pre race
55m -> 6.8h
3 resisted starts then overspeed flys
300m -> 39.7h (150m rubber flat track)

2:00 erg warm up
jump rope
5x5 hurdle hops w/ short accel at end
3x16 llrr single leg hops
3x3 standing triples w/ vetircal leap on final rep
a. 3x3 pc@165/170/185
a. 3x3 bench@185/190/205
b. 3x3 bentover bb row@155/160/175
b. 2x6 squat@285
c. 2x8 rev hyper@50
b. 2x8 each single leg calf raise@90
light stretch

school dance

notes:
-bad start in the 55, i think im gonna go back to my block settings from last year which were much more crunched up, less steep block angles, and more weight on my arms. my rt cant possibly be so bad that im coming out of the blocks way behind everyone just because of it, so it must be my blasting out too
-once i had the bad start the rest of my race fell apart, bad hip height, little front side mechanics, yuck
-my 300 was okay, first lap felt fine, but didnt have much left for the second lap. mayb be the extra 15 lbs im carrying this year as opposed to last year, or maybe just the workout i ran after the 55
-im cutting all hypertorhpy lifts after next week, ill just do one set of each then cut them to make it smooth, and im slightly increasing the volume on the major lifts ill use during feb (clean and bench), while lightening squat and lat pull down. my muscle mass and strength is there so plyos and meets should be the most beneficial for me in the upcoming month

sun jan 9

weigh in -> 149

some microstretching
wrist flicks to gun

notes:
-lots of soreness today, hard to locate, but just kind of an overall body feeling
-i was talking to a friend and i’ve decided that its worth taking the risk that i’ve overtrained (since my times havent dropped significantly even while adding probably 100 lbs to my squat, 25+ to my bench and at least a some inches to my vertical) so i’m gonna really unload for the rest of the season. on meet days (or the day after if its a night meet and i don’t have time) i will do a high intensity day (meet, resistance/overspeed, some plyos, lifting) and other days i will just do low int stuff or take a rest day and stretch and ice. i’ll be lifting submax in all lifts but bench, and plyos im cutting much volume in, though i’ve added llrr hops bc i read they are a good way to transfer weightroom strength to track power

mon jan 10

2x3 each human flags
cf store bike workout (1st half)
hurlde drills
100 low int plyos
a. 2x8 ab rollouts
b. 2x8 stomach vacuums
light stretch

tues jan 11

4’ jog
stretch checks
flip
ankle exercises
tempo:
2x5x150m@26-28s
a. bench 4x3@175/180/190/205
a. bentover bb row@155/165/170/180
1x8 upper body circuit
2 min abs circuit
light stretch

notes:
-huge snowstorm coming my way way tonight, was planning on just stretching tomorrow anyways so i after shoveling i may just do a couple mintues of ellyptical so id be warm for stretching