2:00 erg warm up
2x10:
-each high cable twists@50#
-sit ups@85#
-stomach vacuums
light stretch

ankle icing

notes:
-i talked with the friend i trained with last year and looked at some more articles and such and decided that i need to start unloading. the fact that all my general strength stuff have gone up so much, but my sprint speed hasnt has told me two things 1. i should start putting more emphasis on the sprinting because thats the only thing that hasnt improved significantly yet 2. i likely have been overtraining. because of this, i am going to take all work on my legs and heavy cns work easy for the next week, which will bring me into my track season. because i am far enough above required strength standards and my season is long enough to reload for a unload at the end of the season, i am going to really lighten my workload to try and get my body to catch up to the training, then ill unload to december break. ill reload during late december and early/mid january, then taper for the improtant meets mid late feb

tues nov 16

800m jog
stretch checks
pre race
grass tempo:
-1000m circuit

2x10:
-sit ups@85#
-stomach vacuums
light stretch

ankle icing

notes:
-i talked with the friend i trained with last year and looked at some more articles and such and decided that i need to start unloading. the fact that all my general strength stuff have gone up so much, but my sprint speed hasnt has told me two things 1. i should start putting more emphasis on the sprinting because thats the only thing that hasnt improved significantly yet 2. i likely have been overtraining. because of this, i am going to take all work on my legs and heavy cns work easy for the next week, which will bring me into my track season. because i am far enough above required strength standards and my season is long enough to reload for a unload at the end of the season, i am going to really lighten my workload to try and get my body to catch up to the training, then ill unload to december break. ill reload during late december and early/mid january, then taper for the improtant meets mid late feb

wed nov 17

800m jog
stretch checks
pre race
controlled speed:
-1x150m blocks r:5’
-1x200m blocks r:7’
-1x250m blocks

1 min jump rope
a. 3x2 power clean@135
a. 2x10 rev hyper@50
b. 2x6 squat@300
b. 2x10 each single leg db calf raise@85
2x20 each x-band
light stretch

notes:
-making it through 250m was tough. wanted some speed today, but im trying to unload for a bit so i dont die during the season as i believe i have been overtraining for a while
-all lower lifts were with easy weights today. squats, rev hypers and calves were heavy enough to feel a burn but not close to failure. power cleans just for the form, and the stretching must be working a little as catching it was comfortable, granted it was very light

thurs nov 18

800m jog
stretch checks
pre race
grass tempo:
-2200m circuit

a. 3x8 bench@165#
a. 3x8 bb bentover row@135
2x10:
-lat pull down (wide grip)@125
-db shoulder press@40#
-each db biceps curls (alt)@35
-lateral raise@22.5
-decline pec flys@30/35
2 min abs circuit
light stretch

notes:
-minor hip soreness today, legs felt tired but not sore. no speed til monday

fri nov 19

1 min jump rope
3x3 power cleans@165
a. 2x6 squat@300
a. 2x10 each single leg db calf raise@85
b. 2x10 rev hyper@50
b. 1x20 each x-band
200 medball twist throws
light stretch

notes:
-had limited time today, didnt have time to run. i will run tomorrow morning (just tempo)
-took video of power clean form, my knees come a little too far forward in my catch, i will try to fix this

sat nov 20

4 min jog
stretch checks
pre race
grass tempo:
-2200m circuit
3x5 each decline human flags

ankle icing

light stretch
light ankle massage

notes:
-trained in the morning, today was suppose to be an offday but i went light so i think ill be fine
-no soreness from leg lifts yesterday

sun nov 21

4 min jog
stretch checks
pre race
grass tempo:
-1000m circuit

a. 3x8 bench@165
a. 3x8 bentover row@135/140
2x10:
-lat pull down (wide grip)@125#
-db shoulder press@45
-each db biceps curls (alt)@35
-lateral raise@22.5
-decline pec flys@35#
2 min abs circuit

ankle icing

some microstretching

notes:
-i will start increasing the intenisty of the bench and row, i would like to be doing sets of 3 in-season so for my last week or so i will drop back to sets of 5

mon nov 22

800m jog
stretch checks
pre race
speed (indoors, rubber track):
-2x55m r:7’
-1x300m

1:00 erg warm up
1 min jump rope
a. 3x3 power clean@155#
a. 100 medball twist throws
b. 3x3 squat@300#
b. 2x10 single leg db calf raise@85#
c. 2x10 rev hyper@50
c. 20 each x-band
c. 50 medball throws
light stretch

ankle icing

notes:
-first 55 rep i told myself to not try too hard, and it felt very very fast, faster than i wanted it to be. then the second rep i tried hard and it felt much slower. might have found how much i need to relax in my first rep
-300 felt suprisingly good, i made it all the way through without really dying

tues nov 23

4 min jog
stretch checks
pre race
grass tempo:
-2200m circuit
50 contacts plyos

4:00 erg warm up
2x10:
-sit ups@85#
-each side bends@90#
-stomach vacuums
light stretch

notes:
-had no appetite today :p, hopefully thisll pass

wed nov 24

4 min jog
stretch checks
pre race
grass tempo:
-1000m circuit

a. 5x5 bench@185/180/175
a. 5x5 bb bentover row@145/150
2x10:
-lat pull down (wide grip)@125
-db shoulder press@45
-db biceps curls (alt)@35#
-lateral raise@22.5
-decline pec flys@35/40
2 min abs circuit
light stretch

ankle icing

light massage

notes:
-appetite was a little better today, did not have a good day tuesday, so by tomorrow my eating should be fine again
-decent amount of oblique doms, slightly bothersome while benching

thurs nov 25

800m jog
stretch checks
pre race
speed:
-5x10m blocks r:1’
-1x200m flying start r:15’
-1x400m flying start@~60s

2x6 squat@275#
light stretch

ankle self massage

notes:
-the gym i used closed early for thanksgiving. probably actually a good thing because this was a very high volume running day for me so taking weights easy was necessary
-it was very cold and windy today, so my 400 time was crap, and it didnt even feel so great so im not going to worry about it. i didnt get a time on the 200, but it felt the fastest any of them has felt so far
-when doing blocks i adjusted my blocks to a steeper starting angle and surprisingly this fixed some of the flaws ive been having. go figure, its usually the opposite
-some pectoral soreness today, funny how a submax 5x5 makes me much more sore than a max 3x8, when its only one rep more

fri nov 26

4 min jog
stretch checks
pre race
grass tempo:
-1000m circuit
50 contacts plyos

1 min jump rope
3x5,3,3 human flags
a. 5x5 bench@185/180/175
a. 5x5 bentover bb row@145/150
2x10:
-lat pull down (wide grip)@125#
-db shoulder press@45/50
-each db biceps curls (alt)@40
-lateral raise@22.5
-decline pec flys@40
2 min abs circuit
light stretch

notes:
-legs felt fatigued, but no soreness
-chest was still a little sore from wednesday, but i probably wont be benching for a week now so im not going to worry about it

sat nov 27

3x10 stomach vacuums
light ankle self massage

sun nov 28

800m jog
stretch checks
pre race
speed:
-1x55m r:10’
-1x300m (42s)

1 min jump rope
a. 3x3 power clean@175/180
a. 100 medball throws
b. 2x6 squat@300#
b. 2x10 each single leg db calf raise@85/95#
c. 1x10 ab rollouts
c. 2x10 rev hyper@50#
c. 2x20 each x-band
light stretch

some microstretching
ankle self-massage

notes:
-it was frigid (~freezing) and very windy today while running. i made it through the 300 without dying which was a good sign, though my time was a crawl. i assume running in the warmer less windy indoors, and with a little competition, i should start my 300 at least sub 40
-track starts tomorrow with “hell week” which kicks off my school’s track season by essentially forcing every athlete to do calesthenics to “get in shape.” honestly its a huge waste of time esp for hard-hainer sprinters like myself, but to show some dedication to the team i wil participate. i am in good enough shape that it should be a breeze if i dont push it too hard, and will act as a high volume low intensity week. hopefully it can help cure some of my suspected overtraining
-i plan to stop taking supplements for heel week (zma, multi vit, creatine, protein powder, weight gainer powder) just because itll give my body a break from the stuff so i can start really feeling the effects again once i start actually training

mon nov 29

weigh in -> 148

sick :frowning:

notes:
-had diarhea for a couple hours before weighing in, and scale was flipping back and forth between 148 & 149. i think if i had been healthy, then i wouldve been at 150 without the dehydration
-minor gluteal and biceps (?) soreness upon waking
-as track has begun i thought id set my goals for the season:

time based:
-55m 6.4h,6.69 FAT
-300m 37.9h, 36.59 FAT
-4x200m split <25.0 each meet flat track, 21.9 at reggie

general:
-slowest 55m of this year equal to my fastest of last year (no races slower than 6.7h/6.92 FAT)
-keep BW over 140
-keep squat over 300
-keep bench over 200
-no injuries

tues nov 30

“hell week”

notes:
-despite the name, “hell week” is actually very easy, just the general conditioning of many of the kids on my track team is very poor, and they try very hard, so for them its hell
-still a little sick today, but feeling much better. i could eat much better and felt good enough to do some light exercise
-hell week ends on thursday, so im thinking about doing light weights and some tempo on friday (this is the day events are introduced, but as a sr i alredy know what events i run, so its essentially a waste of time, i will probably get some therapy from the trainer for my ankle which is still a little bothersome, my hips which still have a clicking problem and my pcl knee, which still has problems that spring up time and again. nothing thats worried me, just i think itd be beneficial for me, and itll allow me to be fresher for actual training

wed dec 1

“hell week”

thurs dec 2

school weight program (recovery)
ladder drills
indoor track tempo:
-2x200m r:200m walk
2 suicides (50ft,100ft,200ft)

notes:
-the school’s weightroom is not made for me at all, there are no rest periods, we do it before running, distance runners and sprinters do the same thing, and every good sprinter that my school has had that did it blew out some part of their posterior chain. i did all lifts very very submax for recovery purposes as im taking this week off
-i hate ladder drills, and plan not on doing them again, just the team did them and im off this week so i said why not?
-i ran the suicides very slowly, since the risk of injury is much too high with them
i plan on doing the “bike workout” from the cf store tomorrow

fri dec 3

ankle exercises
cf store bike workout (30 lb arm pulls, 5 lb medball, warm ups on erg)
5x3 human flags
3x8 upper body circuit r:3’
light stretch

ankle icing

ankle self massage

notes:
-meant for rest to be 4’ for the circuit

fri dec 3

ankle exercises
cf store bike workout (30 lb arm pulls, 5 lb medball, warm ups on erg)
5x3 human flags
3x8 upper body circuit r:3’
light stretch

ankle icing

ankle self massage

notes:
-meant for rest to be 4’ for the circuit
-had some hammy doms today, probably from the zercher good mornings yesterday. the hammy stuff always hits me hard, i think i used less than 100lbs on them