wegih in -> 150

5’ elliptical
stretch checks
3 3pt blast outs
2 min abs circuit

some microstretching
wrist flicks to gun

notes:
-tomorrow i am running the 4x200 and 50 yd shuttle relays. my goals r to split in the 22s for the 4x200 and to split a 5.5 for the shuttle (i believe its a 1.1s transfer from the 55)

sun jan 16

state relays:
-4x200m split 23.87h
-50yd shuttle (23.70 FAT total time)

2:30 erg warm up
jump rope
5x5 hurdle hops w/ accel
a. 4x3 clean@155/165/175
a. 4x3 bench@165/180/195/205
b. 2x3 bentover bb row@135/150
b. 1x6 squat@275

light stretch

notes:
-gym closed early today so i didnt have time to finish lifting :frowning: i am working out tomorrow morning, so i am thinking about doing a little legs because id still have plenty of recovery time since its all submax before my meet on wednesday
-i wasnt planning on dropping the 300 until this coming sturday, but i think i better start running the 4x2 with this wednesday bc i am making it through the end of the 4x2 better than ever, just maintaining the full sprint speed has been difficult. for the first 75m i fly, but i guess i havent developed the speed endurance yet since the 300 is such a slower pace
-no splits for the shuttle dash, but we had relatively slower kids in the relay with me and managed to run a pretty good time, so im gonna go out on a limb and assume that meant i ran pretty fast. my 3rd or 4th step felt funky, but after that the run felt great
-i took some tape of my hops to accel and noticed im still having some curvature in my back while accelrating so i worked on trying to straighten that out

mon jan 17

cf bike workout warm up
jump rope
5 3pt blast outs
a. 2x3 bentover bb row@165
a. 1x6 squat@275
1x8 rev hyper@50
1x8 each single leg calf raise@85
cf bike workout (2nd set)
c. 3x100 low int plyos
c. 2x100 medball twist throws
hurdle drills
1x50 each x-band
cf bike workout cool down
light stretch

pcl knee self-massage & ice

notes:
-the blast outs were literally just a couple steps, and were just to see what keeping my legs more folded closed during accel would feel like, i have trouble hitting triple ext when doing this, but i think its a necessity that i get comfortable with this so i can correct y starting mechanics

tues jan 18

shoveling

some activation and rt stuff
2 min abs circuit
light stretch

some microstretching
pcl self-massage and ice

notes:
-normally wouldve done pre meet today, but got a snow day. i probably wouldve done blast outs from the blocks which would be more like 10m each instead of the two steps i can fit in my basement for 3 pt and probably done a better warm with a full speed fly, but maybe its better this way so my load is lighter
-goals for the meets tomorrow:
55m->6.6h
4x200m->24.9h split (150m rubber flat track)
-i plan to do some llrr hops as plyos to supplement the meet, then some low rep upperbody (bench, flags, handstand push ups, wide grip pull ups) on thursday, and maybe some light p.snatches (and low int medball core stuff), but i have another meet saturday, so i want to keep the load light on my legs (still debating whether i should do tempo on the indoor track or on the bike, im leaning towards the track bc my ankle is feeling better and itll give me a more specific elastic training)
-on saturday ill do a tiny bit of overspeed and hurdle hops after the meet, but then ill do a little more lifting than i plan to do on thurs. if my coach makes me run the 300 on sat then ill do the overspeed before it, if im in the 4x2, then i might not depending on how i feel after the 55

wed jan 19

meet:
55m -> 6.8h :confused:
3x15 llrr hops r: 1’
4x200m -> 25.3h split (150m rubber flat track)

notes:
-top speed actually felt pretty relaxed in the 55, though my hip height wasnt great, drive phase was still iffy, though exiting the blocks wasnt so bad. im not sure hw accurate my 6.8 was because a kid who beat me with a 6.42h didnt seem that far ahead of me. regardless it wasnt a spectacular race
-we were so far ahead in the 4x2 that i didnt push through the end and didnt have much of a rush going, plus i came close to slipping a couple times. i should be in the 24’s pretty easily when going full blast on a better track

thurs jan 20

4’ jog
stretch checks
flip
tempo:
-2x5x150m@24-26" (150m rubber flat track)

2:00 erg warm up
jump rope
4x2 snatch@125/115
a. 5x3 bench@165/180/195/205/185
a. 3x5 wide grip pull ups
hurdle drills
human flag, handstand push ups, balance on swiss ball
b. 2x100 medball throws
b. 1x25 each x-band
light stretch

notes:
-some upper hammy,gluteal soreness today, but felt decent
-did snatches for the first time, went light. more explosive needed at lighter weight, so more of what i need to improve on and not as hard on my cns (meet on sat)

thurs jan 20

4’ jog
stretch checks
flip
tempo:
-2x5x150m@24-26" (150m rubber flat track)

2:00 erg warm up
jump rope
4x2 snatch@125/115
a. 5x3 bench@165/180/195/205/185
hurdle drills
human flag, handstand push ups, balance on swiss ball
b. 2x100 medball throws
b. 1x25 each x-band
light stretch

notes:
-some upper hammy,gluteal soreness today, but felt decent
-did snatches for the first time, went light. more explosive needed at lighter weight, so more of what i need to improve on and not as hard on my cns (meet on sat)

by “flip” do you mean back flip?

how does a guy learn to do one of those?

:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjgMjA_iIgw <- this is the video i learned from, the key is jumping UP not back

i started doing it down a grass incline then worked my way to hard ground

imo overall athleticism has a lot to offer in any sport so if you look at my journal way back in the summer i even dedicated certain days just to body awareness (essentially i just fooled around with gymnastic maneauvers in a grass field lol), which is when i worked on stuff like this

i still do them every once in a while now just so i dont lose it, haha

fri jan 21

shoveling

5:00 erg warm up
stretch checks
jump rope
flip
3 4 pt blast outs r:1’
upright sprinting but very submax
2 min abs circuit
light stretch

wrist flicks to gun
pcl knee self-massage
some microstretching

notes:
-minor upper gluteal and lower back soreness, probably just from doing a new exercise, will be tottally gone by meet time on sat so i doubt its an issue
-meet tomorrow, i am running the 55 and the 300 (i wanted to do 4x2 but my coach needs me to run the 300 from a point perspective. it is a shame that the hs league is organized in such a way that athletes have to run events they dont want to/should be running for individual success. if we are getting killed by enough by the 300 i may escape and get to run the 4x2, but im not sure thats late enough in the meet to tell if we can give up)
-goals for tomorrow:
55m -> 6.6h
300m -> 38.xh (150m rubber flat track)
-i will try thinking more “running” while exiting the blocks instead of “driving” because i believe that although my power and stride length is pretty good, that i am emphasizing the drive too much and it is harming my turnover

sat jan 22

meet (150m rubber flat track):
-55m -> 6.7h grrr
3 resistance/overspeed contrast runs (6 total runs)
-300m -> 39.1h grr
4x2 power clean@155/165/175/185
3x3 parallel squat@250/265/275

light massage

notes:
-kind of frustrating today because i came so close to my goals but didnt get them. with handtimes you never know though, i may have actually hit them, or not been been close depending on the error
-in the 300m there was a false start. i feel like that hurt my second start, but nothng i can do know. i just tried to really relax and i didnt even realize how good i did because i believe thats either a pr or a tie for a pr for me. still seeing a 38 wouldve been nice
-that 6.6h school record is killing me! i got an equal time with the winner of my heat (who was actually the 6.5h kid i raced on wednesday) and his coach got him at a 6.5h, so i was surprised that the official handtimers got us at 6.7’s. i had a good start for once, then the winner pulled away at 15-30 and i caught up bit by bit til the finish. i wasnt as relaxed at top speed and i think my hip height was a bit low again, but i tried running away from the blocks at the start instead of towards the finish, and my stride rate picked way up so at least i know what to do now!

sun jan 23

5’ erg warm up
jump rope
5x5 hurdle hops with short accel
frequency ankling drills
a. 5x3 bench@175/195/205/200/185
a. hurdle drills
a. 25 each x band
b. 2x100 medball throws
b. 1 each human flag
b. handstand push ups
cf bike workout (1st set)
light stretch

notes:
-continued to work on keeping my leg angle smaller and it feels good, it noticeably helps increase my stride rate, and from video looks like it may even be helping stride length. the only i have to watch for while concentrating on it is hitting triple ext bc its not 100% all the time when i cue straight back and not “pulling”
-my bench is still improving, i will increase to 210 for the sets of 3 but then stop there, and probably decrease a small bit as the big meets come
-minor upper leg soreness today, nothing my DOMS and should be gone by tomorrow
-i noticed during overspeed yesterday that at top speed i can handle a much higher stride rate, so i put n some frequency drills just to see if that helps me at all

sun jan 23

5’ erg warm up
jump rope
flip
5x5 hurdle hops with short accel
frequency ankling drills
a. 5x3 bench@175/195/205/200/185
a. hurdle drills
a. 25 each x band
b. 2x100 medball throws
b. 1 each human flag
b. handstand push ups
cf bike workout (1st set)
light stretch

notes:
-continued to work on keeping my leg angle smaller and it feels good, it noticeably helps increase my stride rate, and from video looks like it may even be helping stride length. the only i have to watch for while concentrating on it is hitting triple ext bc its not 100% all the time when i cue straight back and not “pulling”
-my bench is still improving, i will increase to 210 for the sets of 3 but then stop there, and probably decrease a small bit as the big meets come
-minor upper leg soreness today, nothing my DOMS and should be gone by tomorrow
-i noticed during overspeed yesterday that at top speed i can handle a much higher stride rate, so i put n some frequency drills just to see if that helps me at all

just a quick update post:

-im no longer cycling creatine, and im only taking weight gainer shakes post-lifting, though i do take zma nightly and a multivit daily
-i still try to eat as much as i can, as i dont seem to put on bf, its the only way ive put on muscle, and its seemed to have cured my chronic exhaustion that i had as a junior (i figured out that if i eat constantly the whole school day i no longer have uncontrollable sleep attacks during classes)
-before races i usually mix a small amount of creatine with gatorade, and take some arginine pills and eat some ginseng root
-my ankle and hip are no longer bothering me, but my right heel is a bit tender, and my pcl knee still doesnt feel greatin certain positions, though i have no real “injuries” as of now
-at the start, i cue the wrist flick to begin the race, then i aim to straighten my back and run away from the blocks, then once i realize im upright i cue my arm swing. ive had to stop cueing pumping my arms at the start bc that is one of the things i believe has let to my “casting out”. maybe as i get more and more used to a closed leg angle i can try cueing it again just bc its closer to my brain, so the neural impulses dont need to travel as far to my arms, haha

Hey, I have a question.

-Where do you do rev hypers?
-Did you buy a sled? Where do you use it/where’d you get it
-Where do you do your medball throws, and with what weight?

hi!

-the gym i am a member at has a reverse hyper machine, so i just use the apparatus for that
-again, the gym i go to has sleds with harnesses, a vertical bar to put weight on the sled and a ~30m straightaway to drag them across. the sleds are metal and the floor rubber so i usually just pulled the sled with no weight added
-thee is a giant wooden wall at the gym i go to where people can throw medballs at them. i use a 15 or 16 lb medball but really only do throws that work my core in a twisting manner. i do 5 exercises with 10 reps each direction with no break between exercises but a break in between the sets

mon jan 24

5’ elliptical
a. 2x10 stomach vacuums
a. 2 min abs circuit
wrist flicks to gun
5’ elliptical
some microstretching
light stetch
pcl and heel self-massage and ice

notes:
-today is meant to act pretty much as an offday, but i also have problems sleeping when i have no exercise, but i think my ab circuit is low enough intensity that my body wont have trouble recovering

how do you feel on race day when you take that creatine? do you feel like you need it to get that extra edge? I’ve taken some stuff that I feel like hurts my endurance.

*Increases short term anaerobic output, diminishes hard after that.

I like to use it on strength focused days, what are your thoughts?

im not sure which part of my pre race “cocktail” it is, but ever since i started doing this combo ive gotten a HUGE rush right before my race. i know i get very nervous for the couple hours before my race so i have that problem where i cant digest food, so i started doing it as just an energy source i could digest. my times are still improving up to the 300, but since my 55 is my concetration, im not worrying about the endurance part

if i do outdoor then i can experiment around and see how it affects my se in a 100, but endurance is a null factor in the 55

tues jan 25

jogging
stretch checks
activation drills
submax start drills
3 block blast outs
1 4x200m handoff
1 top speed fly
light stretch
self-massage
ice knee

notes:
-meet tomorrow (hopefully the storm holds off). i am running the 55 and the 4x200, goals are:
55m -> 6.6h
4x200m split -> 24.xh
-my fly felt unbelievable today so hopefully that can carry over to my 55 tomorrow. im trying to immitate my start from saturday, which feels less powerful, but i believe thats just me not being used to the fastr stride rate because i still am usually hitting triple ext and actually have a straighter back doing it. i just need to make sure my leg angle stays closed in the start and i should be gold