200m strength

its a good logic!

I am not too sure about it either way. What I deduce is that if one runs a quick 200, the split times are comparable to the 100. i.e. 21.90 divided by 2 equals two good 100s. So we are talking pretty much max intensity.
I have heard it said that Joe “attacks the corners” better than his peers. Maybe there is a physical advantage that some have taking the curves.
I would tend to agree with those that say hit the corners hard and get a “slingshot” effect coming out. Where you are at the end of the corner determines a lot about how you finish; of course you have to maintain good speed the last straight.
I like the posts regarding form, arms, knees, etc. Joe had a harder time this year due to injury. In the state final the mental stress of dealing with nagging effects of the hamstring (will it hold up?) and then facing top competition made him struggle the last 80m. His form was bad; he was all tightened up, shoulders, arms, face. Yet he was the best of the lot and won. I imagine if he were more mentaly in control he would have shaved up to .10 off his time.
By “control” I really mean what CF says " relax and let it happen".

Running a good curve and accelerating at the end of the curve & just before the straight seem two different things to me and the latter is what I was referring to.

PJ has some interesting data regarding Flo’s pacing in 200 m per 50 m; if he’s kind enough to post them… :o

I just thought I’d share the mental cues I use when running a 200. ‘Relax & Power’, ‘Float’, ‘Drift’, ‘Hips through, Uptall and Relax’. The ‘drift’ is the slingshot, I just let it carry me across my lane. Alot of running is simply feel.