Times for Divisions

I’m in Canada not the U.S so this is very interesting!

I know for D1 Football you have no chance in hell of getting practice squad status if you’re not extremely good and have the possibility of playing at some point…but on T&F you can still run regardless of whether your competing or not?

And the results for women in the various divisions?

Depends on the school and coach really. From my understanding Curtis Frye down at USC-e will let anybody join the team and practice if they show the effort, but I have heard some others won’t let you practice with the team if you cannot potentially be a point scorer as you simply get in the way.

The latter is what I thought…

That’s awesome though about Frye. Definitely respect that name now (not that I didn’t before, I’ve only heard him mentioned here and there and don’t know of him too well)

Oh but why do you say that? Most of us in here seem pretty smart :stuck_out_tongue:
And lets pretend we’re fast too… :wink:

And then there are those teams that will cut people because they can only have a certain amount of runners on the team, due to a certain budget the athletic department will provide for general expenses (training, gear, traveling, etc…). It’s not necessarily cutting people who won’t score, but rather picking out the least motivated or least talented.

My school had this issue: They could only allow 30 men and 30 women on the team, and at the beginning of each year we always had much more than that. But cutting was never necessary afterall > a lot of them simply quit and eventually we fell short of people :o