1 Deji ALIU 1975 NGR 10,21
2 Uchenna EMEDOLU 1976 NGR 10,27
3 Justin GATLIN 1982 USA 10,28
4 Gabor DOBOS 1976 HUN 10,39
5 Jon DRUMMOND 1968 USA 10,42
6 Julien DUNKLEY 1975 JAM 10,44
7 Shawn CRAWFORD 1978 USA 10,48
8 Lenny MARTINEZ 1978 SWE 10,96

thats only the heats,final is still yet to come…

Official Result
Men - 100 METRES - Final
Wind: -2.4 m/s
Pos Athlete Nat Mark

1 Gatlin Justin USA 10.15
2 Johnson Joshua J. USA 10.22
3 Emedolu Uchenna NGR 10.26
4 Zakari Aziz GHA 10.28
5 Brunson Marcus USA 10.33
6 Montgomery Tim USA 10.37
7 Dobos Gábor HUN 10.44
Aliu Deji NGR DSQ

Maybe you could forward these on to Nike.

here is women’s results from iaaf page

DN Galan - Stockholm (SWE)
Tuesday, August 05, 2003

Official Result
Women - 100 METRES - Race 1
Wind: -0.3 m/s
Pos Athlete Nat Mark

1 Arron Christine FRA 11.11
2 Gaines Chryste USA 11.13
3 Edwards Torri USA 11.25
4 Block Zhanna UKR 11.34
5 Ottey Merlene SLO 11.45
6 Miller Inger USA 11.48
7 Mayr-Krifka Karin AUT 11.58
8 Ojokolo Endurance NGR 11.67

Official Result
Women - 100 METRES - Race 2
Wind: -1.3 m/s
Pos Athlete Nat Mark

1 Nku Mercy NGR 11.66
2 Manninen Johanna FIN 11.70
3 Pastushenko Olena UKR 11.89
4 Rienas Emma SWE 12.08
5 Amundin Annika SWE 12.11
Safronnikova Natalya BLR DNS

whats up with tim

Obviously, Tim felt that his fortunes were better with Nike than with a good, solid, proven coach. Problem is, Nike is no good to you when you are running slow. And Tim was not running slow back in December-January.

Forward it to the Golden-Leauge organisers too…

Originally posted by NumberTwo
Obviously, Tim felt that his fortunes were better with Nike than with a good, solid, proven coach. Problem is, Nike is no good to you when you are running slow. And Tim was not running slow back in December-January.

??? Hold up im lost what is going on with tim. What are you saying that he left a coach (was it charlie) for nike.?

chris

nike put pressure on t & m. to change coaches or they would lose sponserships and not get invited to race in europe.

its a shame too, because charlie would have them as top contenders now.

OUCH!!..THE TRUTH HURTS

Number 2,

Well said…Nike no longer has TM ads before Movies…why is running that slow though? They must have learned a lot of great training advise working up in TO, they can’t at least maintain some of the coaching concepts? I have never trained under CF, but if I did I would have competed at a DI college.

If i was Tim and Marion I would still sneak and get advice from charlie, or atleast get all the books and tapes from him. They are stupid, How can nike stop them from racing in europe. Im sure they could still get a nice check from meet promoters. I mean damn He is the WORLD RECORD HOLDER and she is the fastest women on earth. But i can see timmy backing down, My boy works for nike in oregon and he said timmy is kinda tender, But it is his career.

Originally posted by Clemson
[b]Number 2,

…why is running that slow though? They must have learned a lot of great training advise working up in TO, they can’t at least maintain some of the coaching concepts? [/b]

Good questions Clemson. But knowing and applying are two different things. Implementing a workout is a skill that is taken for granted by many coaches. The “Art” of coaching as Charlie refers to. And, athletes cannot coach themselves. And, sometimes, coaches using another coach’s workout cannot achieve the same results - not because of the numbers, but the way the numbers and mechanics are prescribed.

Additionally, there is something to be said for having someone by your side - a coach - to not only help you with workouts and technical issues, but also to bolster your confidence and tell you when it’s okay to end a workout. I’ve know many good athletes who have had coaches with not much technical knowledge. However, these coaches were committed - showed up every day - and provided support and encouragement. That’s half the battle.

Any other experiences from forum members to support these ideas?

I don’t have a coach or a training partner. The thing I feel that I lack without having a coach is their knowledge of exercises and drills and not having someone to comment on my technique and time my runs. I find that knowing when to end a workout is not hard becuase you end the workout when your power output drops.

yea i dont have a coach either. IT is very hard. I have a training partner, But i have to train him in the ways of Charlie Francis. So I pretty much make the workouts up. I am nowhere close to being a coach. IT is very hard trying to work a full time job and be a full time athlete. Boy if i had a chance to train with charlie full time I would quit my job in a heartbeat. Tim is a idiot.

Gatlin looks impressive, at least. Good to see him healthy and back into form!

Speaking of Gatlin ,he must have the lowest stride-frequency ever for a sprinter his quality?

I would have to agree… but only from my own very limited experiences … some great truths in that Number 2 - and well worth re-considering those points,

… knowing and applying are two different things…
…Implementing a workout is a skill that is taken for granted by many coaches …
…athletes cannot coach themselves…
… sometimes, coaches using another coach’s workout cannot achieve the same results …
…there is something to be said for having someone by your side …

Is Tim with Dan Pfaff now? If he is, I think it’ll take till next summer for Pfaff’s training theory and phillosophy to take hold.
Nike are absolute hypocrites. I wonder how many nike athletes
are on…
T-mont needs to hope that Dan Pfaff can get him back to world class form. Track is a competition so i take the hardline attitude towards it. U don’t get points for being nice, an ambassader for the sport. U get points for kicking peoples asses and winning.
T-mont should have stayed with either of his x coaches, and would actually have made more becuase of it.