So I might have torn the cartilidge in the meniscus...

If I did, is this a permanent thing? Like will it effect my training down the road a whole lot? I am worried this is going to permanently hinder me (if I did indeed tear the cartilidge).

Also, how will it effect my weight training?

MOP

I have a friend who tore his miniscus, he was back to full strength and speed in a couple of months. I don’t think it would permanently hinder you, but it will take time. Have you seen a doctor yet?

yeah I saw an orthopaedic guy. he said I either sprained it or tore the meniscus, but it was hard to tell if I tore anything without and MRI.

MOP

The meniscus does not have a very good supply of blood, so depending on where it is torn and how severely, it will either heal or continue to give you problems. You simply need to give it time to find out. I’m not a doctor, so take this advice as such, but I would avoid jumping into surgery too quickly.

You might also want to look at supplementing with glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM.

I will just take it easy and try to stay away from side to side movements. It seems to be getting better.

thanks for the advice.

MOP