Power Food Recipie Thread

Ok people, I’m a lazy bum and I don’t now how to cook anything. I get in the kitchen and I burn the freakin water!!! Point is, why don’t we post up our favourite power food recipies.

What Is Power Food?? To me Power food is what athletes should be eating, healthy well balanced meals, that are easy to make and don’t taste bad.

So hopefully we can get this thread moving with some recipies.

Cheers, and Good Eating!!

I just grabbed this and edited it a little, so it hasn’t been proven yet…

CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL AND PROTEIN COOKIES

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar (this could be replaced with artificial sweetener)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup protein powder of your choice

Preheat oven to 350°F.

In a bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and oats. In another bowl with an electric mixer cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, and beat in vanilla. Beat in flour mixture, protein powder and stir in chocolate chips.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto buttered baking sheets and bake cookies in batches in middle of oven 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden. Cool cookies on racks.

Immediately in the morning I consume the following:

4 egg whites + 2 full eggs w/ 3 servings of extra virgin olive oil in the pan
1 cup of rolled outs w/ a good portion of cinnamon + plethora of blueberries + 5-6 strawberries diced + 3-4 packets of splenda
1-2 cup(s) of 1% cottage cheese
2 large whole rye,wheat crackers (put cottage cheese on them)
Multi-vitamin
1 serving of Nature of the Sun fish oil (1.5g EPA/DHA)
1 cap of CoQ10
20-32oz of ice water

This isn’t a recipe, simply a food combo that I use.

The rest of the day is very variable, but consistency and quality remain the same throughout the day.

Landon - are you a sprinter?
Just wondering as to your goals/aims

comp. powerlifter. venturing into strongman shortly.

I made this last night and it turned out to be pretty tasty. I had it with turkey meatloaf and sugar snap peas.

Mashed Sweet Potatoes

2 large sweet potatoes cut into chunks
Non-dairy coffee creamer (this is just what I had… I suppose milk would work)
Splenda
Cinnamon
Nutmeg

Bring water in a large pot to a boil. Add sweet potatoes, cook until tender. Drain and return to pot. Mash. Add creamer until desired consistency. Add Splenda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.

who here liked my cheesecake recipe on the triple thread by davan?

I have no tried it yet, but it looks pretty good. Do you think that could be digested completely in an hour or so? I’m definitely going to try it out this next week during minicamp before our 3-a-days.

Had the cheese cake clemson recommended the last 2 days… definitely a great recipe. This is the first cheese cake I’ve ever really liked and it is very easy to prepare. Thanks!

i made some of the cheescakes today clemson, Fing AWESOME!
i did them in a non stick muffin tray so i have 12 smaller servings ready whenever i need a snack.

btw i saw your recipe for ‘mancakes’ somewhere but cant seem to find it again
im making them my own way atm but id liek to give yours a burl if possible!

thanks again

Mancakes? I will have to try some of the BSL micellar casein protein now…I am going to use vanilla and hope that the NEW banana stuff rocks. I am planning to get a list (from now pdfs ) of recipes for all charliefrancis.com members to be downloaded.

That’s a brilliant Idea Clemson

clemson,

The recipes are awesome!

What formula would you use for an athlete that needs to put on mass? The athlete is a football player who has been told by the staff, he will be redshirted. They want him to put on 15lbs.

So THEIR weight/conditioning program and THEIR nutritional guidence is not working so THEY blame the athlete by redshirting him? Screw that!

Tell us about his structure, lifestyle, training program, and budget and I can help. How are you involved?

Clemson,

Thanks for your help. The kid plays Running back.

Height 6’0
Weight 175
speed 4.6-40yd

Sq 400
BP 285
DL 450
VJ 32

Workout.

Monday-Speed Bench 60% (tries,lats,delts,abs)
Tues. Max.Effort SQ/DL (reverse hypers, glute ham machine, Toe raises, )
Thur. Max Effort Bench Tries, lats,delts abs
Sat. Speed Squat - Reverse hypers,glute-ham,

Monday 3 build-ups 3 flying starts 10-15-sprints 10-40yards
wednesday 3 buildups,3 flying starts, 5 -150 yard form runs at 3/4 speed
friday 30 minutes of agilties

The kids parents take care of his money during the school year. He is my best friend kid. The kid is very detailed oriented, who doesn’t drink. He eats alot but doesn’t gain weight.

Shoot his meal plan from his training log…ask about his “movements” or stool and if has been on anti-biotics more than three time in the last 2 years.

His program looks great for strength and power but volumes of the lower end might need to be done to support the growth.

Clemson,

Thank you for your help and time. This is straight from his manual.

Dairy products 3 servings per day low-fat milk,yogurt and low fat cheesses
Fruits and vegetables- 4-5 servings per day
meat, fishes,poultry,nuts beans-4-6ounces
grains and starches-4 servings

Eat 4-6 times per day.

Never been on antibotics. Stool movements 3 to 4 times a day

Are you pushing to gain weight? This sounds inconvenient.

I would drop much of the milk and cheese products for two weeks and limit whey and casein to protein.email me at info@regenerationlab.com for some documentation.

Why drop the milk? I thought you liked it for gaining since it’s insulinogenic?

Did you mean the whey and casein replaces the milk and cheese, or is the main source of protein?