Posting?

Im a bit confused with the newest post being at the top of the list? Any reason for this? Thanks. The forum looks great!

I noticed the same thing. I am gettin used to it now but is there anyway to change it?

can u change the way the last post is at the top, i dont like it at all…sometimes i forget i think the person who last posted, formed the thread, and i answer their question.

Rupert this is much better…:cool:

Thanks!

I dont think a post shoud count if its edited! I looked to see that some of our members (not quick) but others seem to have been posting alot but yet there are no posts on the board. If you edit it counts as an extra post!

Can the subscriptions to the threads be changed so that we don’t get emails each time there is a new mesg? basically, can it go back to the old style where they are just listed under or control panel?

Originally posted by Timothy Lane
I dont think a post shoud count if its edited! I looked to see that some of our members (not quick) but others seem to have been posting alot but yet there are no posts on the board. If you edit it counts as an extra post!

does it matter?

Originally posted by ktolbert
Can the subscriptions to the threads be changed so that we don’t get emails each time there is a new mesg? basically, can it go back to the old style where they are just listed under or control panel?

I’m wondering the same thing.

Dear Members,

Be sure that email notification is NOT selected when you post your message. (This option is not selected by default) so please ensure you havn’t selected this BEFORE you post.

Email notification can be a great feature if its used correctly. For example, I use email notification to stay on top of threads I want to be involved in.

Just be sure you don’t have it selected, it looks like this:

took the words right out of my mouth Rupert :smiley:

Rupert just wondering if (providing there was popular consensus) it would be possible to change that default to not email - I keep forgetting to click it …?

No23/Members,

DO NOT click the email notification if you DO NOT want to be notified. It appears some of us have this backwards, by default all replies are set to NOT SEND EMAIL notifications. By selecting this option, you are telling the system to proceed with emailing you.

Hope this helps

Rupert
CharlieFrancis.com