MURIEL HURTIS IN NOISY RETURN (11.25) 10Jun03

Hurtis returns after injury problems

NOISY-LE-GRAND, France, June 10 (AFP) - European 200metres champion Muriel Hurtis opened her outdoor seasonwith a low-key 100 metres victory on Tuesday andrevealed her preparations for the upcoming worldchampionships have been disrupted by niggling injuries.
The Frenchwoman was timed in a modest 11.25sec with aslight headwind in her first outdoor race sincereturning from warm weather training.
I am satisfied and reassured,'' said the 24-year-oldworld indoors 200m silver medallist, who will be a majorworld medal hope running on home soil in Paris inAugust. I’ve had a few difficult weeks since I got back fromtraining in the French West Indies.
I couldn't train because of a few little physicalproblems and I was really tired. I didn’t know what sort of form I was in which iswhy I wanted to get back into competition.’’
Hurtis, who has yet to decide whether to compete inthe 100m or 200m at the world championships, will runher first 200m of the year in the international meetingat Villeneuve d’Ascq on Sunday.
asc/gj/pi03

Athletics-FRA-Hurtis
AFP :clap: