Mo Greene Speax In Osaka

OSAKA, Japan, May 7 (AFP) - US sprint star MauriceGreene is hoping to put an ankle injury behind him atthe IAAF Japan Grand Prix this weekend in preparationfor repeating his Sydney Olympic victory at August’sAthens Games.
The three-time world sprint champion clocked thefastest time of the year in 10.02 seconds to win his2004 outdoor debut at Walnut, California, three weeksago, beating current world 100-metre record holder TimMontgomery.
But the Kansas Comet injured his ankle a week later atthe Grand Prix II meet in Martinique despite winning hisheat, and abandoned the final allowing Montgomery to winit in 10.08.
Right now, I feel my 100 percent, I feel verygood,'' said Greene. What happened in Martinique, inthe preliminary race when I was coming out of (starting)blockside, slightly I twisted my ankle.’’
My manager didn't allow me to run and I was feelingupset, I really wanted to compete in the final race, soit wasn't up to me. I could have run if I was able to,''he added. Greene, however, will miss his arch rival Montgomerywho pulled out of the event after both he and his wifeMarion Jones were linked to a doping scandal. Saturday's meet is the opener of the nine-round GrandPrix series with Greene highlighting the day alongsidehammer throwing local hero Koji Murofushi and world 110mhurdles champion Allen Johnson of the United States. Greene, former world record holder of 9.79 set in 1999before Montgomery marked 9.78 in 2002, will competeagainst Obadele Thompson of Barbados, compatriot JJJohnson, and world bronze medallist Shingo Suetsugu inthe 100m. Suetsugu surprised the world by becoming the firstJapanese sprinter to win a medal on the global stagewhen he finished third in the men's 200m at the worldchampionships in August last year in Paris. Thompson has a personal best of 9.87 and Johnson 9.95,while another American, Terrence Trammell will alsochallenge Greene. Hammer thrower Murofushi -- who in Prague a year agothrew 84.86m, the third best mark of all-time and thefirst throw in 11 years to clear 84m -- will face atough competition against Sydney Olympic champion SzymonZiolkowski of Poland, and Adrian Annus of Hungary, whoholds a personal best of 84.19m. Johnson has to fight against his teammate, worldsilver medallist Terrence Trammell, and bronze medallistLiu Xiang of China. It’s good, because it gives me a chance to seeeverybody else and gives me a chance to see where I am,so I’m excited about it. The race is gonna be so good,it’s gonna be a kind of a preview of Athens,’’ saidJohnson.
The women’s 100m will be contested by American trioTorri Edwards, Chryste Gaines and Angela Daigle.

The Trials will be a great race this year. There are several runners who could legitimately win.

I believe greene is haveing a strong coming back. I’m sure greene could break the world record this year if he was lucky enough to get the right conditions. But then if he misses it this year, it’ll be too late to do it any other time