MJ: Asafa No Champion

He spends almost every article denigrating top athletes and even trashed the IAAF that gave him his bread a butter.
That time, he had the temerity to complain that the IAAF didn’t dump less popular T and F events to concentrate on duals with top stars like him when he is the very reason there has never been another since the fiasco in Toronto 10 years ago!
Despite being paid a million dollars to show up, he was 1 1/2 hours late for the press conference and walked off after laying a turd on the track at 40 meters.

Fortunatel;y Bailey was so far ahead by that stage he didn’t step in it. :stuck_out_tongue:

nope. Only the paying fans.

must have sprayed on the lean in the bend…

Personally, i tell others people how Great somebody else is, particually if they are a competition. that way, when it comes race time, if i beat that person, i need say nothing afterwards as i just beat somebody Great. If for some reason they beat me, well, people who are watching dont feel let down as it took somebody Great to beat me.

Given most people have problems with too much adrenaline at a big event rather than too little, this seems kind of odd. I doubt he is standing there with his name being read out thinking “Gee mon, i really don’t feeel up for it today”.

hahaha! Thats a great Jamaican impression…

Yea mon!

MJ is being MJ…To be fair, who else in the athletics community goes out and says anything in the press? I personally think MJ is a great pundit. His no holds barred type approach is frowned upon by many, but he does get some good points and ideas across.

Like always some valid points without considering possible causes of “symtoms” mixed with personal opinion close to obloquy.

Yes, what was the cause for that mindsetting? His lack of preparation! How can you be completely selfconfident when you know you’re not in top-form.
Is it better to run around claiming you are the greatest and then finish in 10.40 - sorry for bashing Mo, too.

Yes, and Gay looked nervous like hell. Did that help him???

Sounds like in contradiction to his coolnes? Is he not excited enough or too much? Either or either.

Kitkat and Charlie said enough bout that.

And we get MJ’s prophecy condemning a guy who might run 9.6x soon to be a “inferior” athlete. If I’m Asafa I look at all sub 9.80 performances and tell the world: in that range there s me, me, me and me again and a little bit of other guys behind(below) me.

9.74 Asafa Powell Rieti 09 09 2007
9.77 Asafa Powell Athína 14 06 2005
9.77 Justin Gatlin Doha 12 05 2006
9.77 Asafa Powell Gateshead 11 06 2006
9.77 Asafa Powell Zürich 18 08 2006
9.78 Tim Montgomery Paris 14 09 2001
9.78 Asafa Powell Rieti 09 09 2007
9.79 Ben Johnson Seoul 24 09 1988
9.79 Maurice Greene Athína 16 06 1999

No holds barred is fair game but he’s not remotely accurate and, given his wealth of experience, isn’t trying to be.
He just can’t say enough bad things about everything and everyone, playing to the ignorant, as if making others look small makes him appear bigger.

MJ would fit right into a beauacracy. Given the fact he likes to downgrade others, this is the first requisite of a beauacracy. Men with the character of MJ invariable end up in politics, hence the unfortunate state of the world. Injustice, poverty & inequality can only exist if one group or individual thinks they’re superior to another.

that list is soo badass. you see all the dates at 2007, 2006, 2005, 1999 etc and then benjohnson 1988

Looks like a place for unathletic rich kids to go workout. I wonder if the Less privileged kids with talent will get to step foot in there?

The cost says its free. I still don’t really care for MJ though.

Probably gets a tax write off, there has to be a catch. I guess only great athletes can train there, so I take it we won’t be seeing Asafa there anytime soon.

Check the IAAF all-time list and it’s very interesting, the depth of Asafa’s performances. For instance, he has 9 runs faster than Carl Lewis ever ran; 14 faster than Linford Christie ever ran.