Meet results from Today June 15th

Raced today and it went pretty well. (It was the Ontario Top three Qualifier Junior and Senior)

Weather was warm (26-28 degrees C) wind was about -2.0mps in your face.

Start time was delayed by over an hour so I wasn’t the warmest when we raced but it was ok.

My start was very good and acceleration was good. I was side by side with the leaders for about 40 meters before they left me in the dust haha!

I ended up running 12.15 FAT (-2.0 wind) but I was quite happy considering it was my first time back on the track in SIX YEARS and that I kept right next to the leaders of the race for 40 meters.

The winner of my race ran a 10.9X FAT(Can’t remember exactly)

I dont know if the track was slow today or if he was just coasting but the guy that won our heat regularly runs in the 10.3 range FAT according to people watching. I think in the heats there were only 2 or 3 guys that ran in the 10.9X range or faster.

Cheers,
Chris

ps- Any thoughts on how to work on the second half of my race?

I am training for the 60 meter indoor masters races for Jan but would like to be able to get the 40-60meter portion of my race faster.

I was wondering how far of a distance to you go when triaing?

my bad, when you are training yourself, how far do you go?

BP,
Check his diary in the training journals section.

yea i had Junior Olympics today and yesterday I had a pretty big meet, so today i was a little fatiqued but still placed 2nd with 11.6, people whjo did not make state this year had to run in the districts, they were easy as well. I also placed 2nd in the 200 with 24 flat

Short speed is
2 sets x 3 reps x 30 meter block starts
“Medium” speed is:
2sets x 3 reps x 60 meter
My SE runs are 3x80 meter.

Cheers,

Chris

Congrats on getting back on track, literally. Now you need some base work this preseason to get the last 60m. you need :stuck_out_tongue: , you know you can’t better that significantly (physiologically) over a week. Have in mind that with a +2 wind that 12.15 would have been 11.8x, so mathematically you met your goal. :wink:

More results for today…
http://www.usatfne.org/track/results/2003outdoor.html

I ran at that New England meet. Didn’t perform that well. But then again my season ended in May. But I’ve got to say Stanley Egbor just keeps getting faster. 10.45 into a slight headwind. And a 20.7 with a sligt tailwind. I used to keep with him out of the blocks. He has definately improved on that.

This guy trained in the halls of a school in the winter! He needs to make a major environment change to go up to the next level.

Originally posted by 55mKenteris
I ran at that New England meet. Didn’t perform that well. But then again my season ended in May. But I’ve got to say Stanley Egbor just keeps getting faster. 10.45 into a slight headwind. And a 20.7 with a sligt tailwind. I used to keep with him out of the blocks. He has definately improved on that.

What did you run? I was there…

I ran the 100m in 11.65 and the 200m in 22.88. I’m just trying to keep speed as i’m lifting. I only took the day before off. Not a bad day considering.