measuring body fat...

I started having my bf% measured regularly yesterday. MY PROFESSOR did it with calipers, but i believe its quit low (i shouldnt be complaining) Im 5-8 150 lbs and he measured it to be 4.8%, we did it like times to see if it would change. But the thing is there is very little def. in my abbs… :mad: is this an accurate way to measure body fat? or should I try using the tank we have at school (i know that works fairly well)

I am around the same as you. I am 5’7 157 pounds and my bodyfat is between 4 and 5.5. with calipers done by various ex.phys professors including Distance Guru Jack Daniels. Also in the commercial gym I work partime t we have the bioelectrical device that you grab which seems to be fairly accurate and I fluctuate between 5.2 and 6.1.
My abs are def cut but dont have an incredible amount of definition either. Alot of times that could be genetic as well.
Using the tank for bf% is quite difficult. You need to expell all the oxygen out of your luns to get an accurate reading and use aanother machine to get your lung volume I believe. When we did it it was obviously done wrong and it came out to 13%.

The most accurate method is the DEXA scanner, but they are a very expensive piece of kit so very rare.

[QUOTE=QUIKAZHELL]I am around the same as you. I am 5’7 157 pounds and my bodyfat is between 4 and 5.5. with calipers done by various ex.phys professors including Distance Guru Jack Daniels. Also in the commercial gym I work partime t we have the bioelectrical device that you grab which seems to be fairly accurate and I fluctuate between 5.2 and 6.1.
My abs are def cut but dont have an incredible amount of definition either.QUOTE]

I just had it reteseted, using calipers, girth measurement, and a scale

the scale - 11.9%
calipers - 3.9% (chest - 5mm,Abb - 10mm, Thigh - 4 mm)
girth - 14.8%

they all seemed to be fairly inaccurate… but i am no where near as jacked as you.