kelly b's nutrition

In kelly b’s vertical jump bible, theres one part it says you cant try to gain muscle while at the same time lose fat…he gives u a sample diet to follow if u wanna gain muscle…
first of all here are my stats:

Weight:175
Body fat: around 13-14%

His sample diet:

8 AM, Breakfast: 6 whole eggs, 4 slices of whole grain bread, 4 packets of instant oatmeal

12 PM, Lunch: 4 tuna fish sandwiches made with 2 cans of tuna and mayo, 1 cup vegetables, 1 piece fruit

4 PM, evening meal: 1 pound of chicken, 1 cup vegetables, 2 cups rice

8 PM, post-workout: half pound of pasta (weighed before cooking), tomato sauce, half pound lean ground beef

Before bed: 1 large 24 ounce container of cottage cheese, 4 slices of whole grain bread

is this too much for me? would i gain fat instead of muscle or somethin? cuz ima be liftin weights while on this too but im not sure…comments please?

For a 15 year old…That looks like WAY too much.
Chirst that looks like something Ron Coleman would eat.
I’m 15 myself and I would be bloated by lunctime on that plan.
I would reduce the serving ammounts and spread out your meals; make 1/2 of your breakfast your mid-morning snack and such.

This “is it possible to gain muscle while loosing fat?” debate people have going on is really directed at bodybuilders who are already very lean. If you are normal you can gain muscle and loose fat (upto a point) on a regular diet - especially if you are young. I have done it several times over the years and so has every person i have ever trained who took their diet seriously.

If you are 15 save your money and get your parents to buy you some quality Fish Oil capsuals. Search the forum to find out more and if you need leverage with your rents tell them Fish Oil will even help you do better at school! Cos it does!

P.S that probably is way too much food.

ya that looks like way too much might gain muscle but i dont think u’ll lose weight
gaining muscle and losing weight is probably one of teh hardest things to do

That diet is for hardgainers as I stated in the manual itself. Follow the guidelines for gaining mass and make adjustments from there.

kid ur diet can be so much better if you research rather then take a sample diet out of a book. You can add stuff u like the way you want it. That diet was not made for you.

plus 6 whole eggs is overdoing it for the morning. Your gonna fart and when u do ur gonna wreck the room up.

I would switch to two whole eggs and 6 more eggwhites.

Usually I have 2 whole eggs and 6 more whites.

i dont know how to eat then though, should i spread those meals around more? and have like 8-9 meals instead? can someone give me like a sample diet i can follow and then ill go form there knowing what to eat cuz then ill get an idea of what to eat plzzzz…(based on my stats posted above^)

Breakfast 8:00 - 1 1/2 cup oatmeal made w/ milk and handful of berries ontop
- 2 egg white/1 yolk scrambled

Snack 10:00 - handful of almonds
half can of tuna

Lunch 12:30 - ONE Turkey on whole wheat sandwich
w/ spinach tomato,onion, and other great veggies
OR
grilled salmon with broccoli and rice

Snack 3:00 - Half can of tuna
Banana

PWO - Protein shake

Dinner 6:00 - (don’t touch the sauces- ruins the meat anyway)chicken breast(skinless) with 2 cups of mixed veggies(broccoli and asparagus are my favourite - skip on the condiments) and a baked sweet potato.

snack 8:00 - 50g of regular jerky(screw teriyaki. get plain or hot pepper)

Before bed 11:30 - 1 cup cottage cheese(1%) with tsp of bery jam(to help it go down.)

You want to aim at consuming protein in every meal.

whats PWO? thanks alot though bro

post-workout