I need to loose body fat - PLEASE SOME HELP

Hey,

First of all: i know there are a lot of topics about this, but i need sth practical that works.
In theory i know some stuff, but i need sth to convert into my nutrition.

i have a too high body fat index.
Some methods(putting hands on a unit) said sth like 20% and some other methods show 12-14%.

Anyway, i m not obviously fat(of course), but i have some fat near tendors at the legs and so on. I hope you know what i mean: Normally ppl in my age(19years) have these structured muscles you can see.

I m very well educated in nutrition aspects, but i simply dont know how to get it down.

Any hints a very well appreciated.
Any diet systems and programs/suplementation that help…

My training is very well and my sprints and strrength also improoved. But i can definetly improove without some fat.
so the nutrition has to become nearly perfect(right now i m also trying but maybe i m naturally not like low-fat-guys…)
I read some reports about Carl Lewis getting it down after changing his diet, but what could he have done to do so?
And of course i dont want to loose muscle weight- thats what hapens if you just eat less.

Thx,
pjb

well i already saw that you have looked into the zone, which i think is the best way to get started. its an easy read, it makes sense, and its easy to follow. you can calculate exactly what you should be eating every day, for every meal. most people know what healthy food is, but dont know when to have it, how much to have, and what to have it with. this is all explained in the book.
i didnt do any cardio or anything extreme and i just ate “zone perfect meals” every meal. i supplemented my fat with flax, and get virtually all my carbs from fruits and vegies. i eat about half the calories that i used to yet my performance increased, my strength went up, my bodyfat decreased. give it a try, you got nothing to lose, besides fat!

well, that sounds good.

I think the difficulty is to loose fat without loosing muscle, or?

Have you lost any muslce-mass? I mean its possible to increase strength while your overall bodyweight goes down and have a better weight-strength ratio…

thats the thing, i was concerned about loosing strength and muscle and ididnt. my maxes are around the same, if not better, and my weight is 15 lbs lighter. the carbs, protein, and fat that is given is just the right amount. barry sears says it best when he says, any more than the recommended nutrient intake is too much and any less is too little. that may be oversimplifying things but you get the point. its a good feeling though to be leaner and lighter.

Imho not extreme dieting (i.e not bbing type of caloric restriction) doesnt have a major effect on strength. You might need a tad more therapy/recovery but nothing out of the ordinary…

the zone, or what have you everything works if you eat foods dence in nutrients but not in calories.

imho, no one, that is NO ONE has ever gone fat(er) from eating lean meats and fruits/vegies/grains. You can actually push it VERY far with those and still stay/get lean.

yeah, its crazy how much food you are actually eating if you really do get all your carbs from fruits and vegetables. 1 can of green beans gives me 14 carbs!! so it feels like i am stuffing my face (which i am) but i am eating far less calories that i did before.

thats not only it.

it has to do with nutrient utilization, carbs from fruits and vegies come along with the nececery enzymes, vitamines, minerals etc that are needed to process them in the right way.

I’m also implementing an all fruits and vegetables for carbs diet. This is what it looks like for me, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Pre-breakfast: (Usually around 7:15)

Two apples

Breakfast: (Around 8:30)

1-2 apples
5oz chicken breast
Lettuce that fills basically 3/4 of my plate

Lunch: (Around 12)

An apple
5oz chicken breast (or another choice of protein)
Lettuce or other source of vegetable depending on what has been eaten before

Snack: Whenever I’m hungry

A banana

Workout Meal (Pre-workout)

1 Apple and 1 orange

Post workout (Might actually be dinner if it’s too close to dinner time)

Apple
Protein source (Maybe a can of tuna…)
Brocolli or whatever source of vegetable.

I’m trying to get some fish oils supplementation but my parents are kind of :S about it so I don’t know if I can.

I also take some creatine, 1 teaspoon after workouts. I also take a multi-vitamin tablet, another 1000 I.U. of Vitamin E because the first multi-vitamin tablet doesn’t have enough. I also take another multi-vitamin tablet that has some of the vitamins I need that aren’t available in the first tablet I take.

Any feedback? Am I eating too little (as it looks…)? I’m a huge carbs fan and I used to consume a WHOLE LOT OF RICE (I’m Chinese and I guess it’s one of the most important food in our culture haha) I used to consume 9 cups of rice a day lol, yes, a lot. I don’t consider myself fat and I certainly don’t look fat but I do have a bit of a belly that I want to get rid of.

looks pretty good. the only adjustments i would make would be to get some protein and fat into the morning snack. i would make sure that you have some type of fat in each meal. also, you might want to have one less meal/snack before your workout, and add one more at night. looks good though and keep me up to date on how it goes!

I’ve never been in a situation where I’d have to lose fat but I would suggest cutting out anything with hydrogenated oils (fried foods, baked goods) and drop dairy.

I’m going to buy some olive oil but then I’m not too sure about the quantity I should be having each meal. 1-2 teaspoons each meal?

Also, although this is a nutrition board, but my goal is to get leaner for vertical gains. I’m working on a program my friend designed for me that includes romanian deadlifts and full squats, but the problem is, the weights I have at home aren’t heavy enough if I were to go up to 90%. I only have 160lbs and I’m not sure what my romanian deadlift max is but a while ago, my max full squat was 215lbs but it might have decreased a bit because I wasn’t lifting much a while ago. I’m wondering if I can substitute these exercises with other deadlift and squat variations? For example, maybe I can even try a snatch grip romanian deadlift, a wider base for the full squat, a good morning full squat (I think it’s the one where you basically sit back, stretching your hamstrings down and go into a full squat). Do you think it will work?

To pjb: I think the best way to lose fat is to cut out every sort of carbohydrates apart from fruits and vegetables. Well, I don’t know if I can be considered as one of those FFB (Former Fat Boys), I’m 17 now, 5’10’ and around 170lbs. A few years back when I was 11-12, I was 5’2" and 164lbs (yes, very fat… not muscular). I started cutting down on all foods. It was effective in cutting down my weight, I was probably down to 130-140lbs later and grew a few inches too so I looked a lot better but then I felt like crap, I was very weak. Go into the future—2006-- the present. I’m still unhappy with my body fat levels, although I don’t know what it is, but I’m guessing around 14%. There are veins in my hands and some veins showing on my legs but there’s a bit of a spare tire on my stomach that I’m DYING to get rid of. I’ve tried to cut back on rice before to 6 cups a day but I guess I just didn’t want it enough back then. I’ll fill you in of my progress and see how this ‘diet’ works (I don’t like the word ‘diet’, since it seems to ‘happen’ when people realise they’re a bit too fat and then they just go on one. I rather call it ‘lifestyle’.)

[QUOTE=Airness]I’m going to buy some olive oil but then I’m not too sure about the quantity I should be having each meal. 1-2 teaspoons each meal?

Also, although this is a nutrition board, but my goal is to get leaner for vertical gains. I’m working on a program my friend designed for me that includes romanian deadlifts and full squats, but the problem is, the weights I have at home aren’t heavy enough if I were to go up to 90%. I only have 160lbs and I’m not sure what my romanian deadlift max is but a while ago, my max full squat was 215lbs but it might have decreased a bit because I wasn’t lifting much a while ago. I’m wondering if I can substitute these exercises with other deadlift and squat variations? For example, maybe I can even try a snatch grip romanian deadlift, a wider base for the full squat, a good morning full squat (I think it’s the one where you basically sit back, stretching your hamstrings down and go into a full squat). Do you think it will work?

first off the amount of fat per meal should be about 30 percent of the total calories for that meal, if you train frequently (roughly 5 days per week). one tablespoon of the canola oil that i use gives me 14 grams of fat.
as for the workout, obviously a fully equiped gym would be the best bet but sometimes you have to work with what you have. my advice would be to do box squats (use a bench or anything you can find around the house) and have it set slightly below parallel. this will make it more difficult and allow you to use less weight. if your sld is more than the weight that you have, i would definetly use the snatch grip. as for the wider base full squat, i think that if you became accustomed to this, you would actually be squatting more and thus run out of weight quicker. i also suggest doing a dynamic day of box squats at about half of your squat max and make each rep as explosive as possible. my experience with box squats and vert is that they always went hand in hand just as long as you have the right technique on the box squat. good mornings work well also. hope this helps.

Yep, thanks for the help! Really appreciate this. I think I’m going to get some olive oil soon. As for the training days, I’m on week 4 (starting today), which is last week of the phase and going onto another phase where I’ll probably start implementing the box squats and maybe replace the romanian deadlifts with stiff legged deadlifts instead but with a snatch grip.

I’ll keep you updated on my progress. I can now barely put a one hander down, I’ve done it twice but you got to get the right take off if you want to dunk it well at 5’10" (that is if you don’t get high enough.) I’m only around 6-8" above the rim, usually 6", last time I had a really good take off and I grabbed this 10’2" rim with two hands and dunked it with one hand but then it hasn’t been so good lately, I also fell down from that rim and injured my wrist lol… it’s one of those shaky rims that moves up and down as you grab it, so you can’t grab it with one hand. Well, hopefully, I’ll be dunking two handed in 2-3 months time.

You might want to explore ways to get your body more efficient in getting its energy from fats. General fitness training means may help. If using Charlie’s approach,do not be afraid to purposedly reduce the cardiovascular intensity of the stimulus by training design,while keeping the volumes.

I always found Abs in numbers in the morning before breakfast and high dosage (5g>) C Vitamin at night before sleeping help to loose unwanted weight.
I always consult my doctors and analyse the individual situation before advising about the Vitamin C though.

Hope this can help.

the simplest way i found was no carbs after 6pm. in fact very little solid food at all after 6pm. just a protein shake.
it helped me a lot even though i still have high enough BF%. I kindof need it though as i play a contact sport so im not too interested in lowering it anymore and pretty much eat as i please these days

Hi

You need to take up to 30 grams of fish oil per day and take 200 mg of Lipoic acid with each meal make sure it is the R form this will greatly enhance your ability to lose body fat and be very healthy.

30 grams! What brand do you recommend?

Power from the research I did before taking fish oil, most studies recommended between 3 and 6 grams of fish oil. However, I discontinued using it after it basically ripped up my stomach for the whole time I used it even after lowering my dosage. Also I have read that using high level can cause weakening of the immune system and high level dioxens (however this is becoming less of a problem.)

Are you sure that you are not referring to flaxseed oil, which usually has a recommended dosage around that range?

No I’m clear on this up to 30 grams a day, and I use one of the highest quality oils in the world it’s sold by pharmax in the states and aliment nutrition in the uk! My info on fish oil intake came from a seminar I took with Charles Poliquin and since upping my dose I’ve had great results.

One last fish oil question for you Power, since this is after all a body fat thread and not fish oil thread, do you know of any studies that you could refer me to regarding high dose (appx 30g) consumption of fish oil, I have looked for studies but the highest amounts I could find used were around 10g, and through browsing different medical databases I have found reports of high fish oil dosages (5-10g)resulting in the prevention and treatment of some types of cancer cancer, lowering blood pressure, helping bipolar, preventing heart attacks, help rebuild brain functions (used in that sole surviving miner, and the only instance I found of use of 30g of fish oil), to side effects ranging from lowered white blood cell count, weight gain, mercury poisoning, blood thinning, and hemoraging.