Hypnosis

I dont know, I just do it cause he told me so,clemson?
:help:

Mebbe you’ll find out when you’ve done it Tim lol

lol

Actually - my counsellor has been helping me with visualisation techniques to combat panic attax / post menigitis syndrome / stress - which actually very well -
mebbe she can help me relax for the last 40m

BTW didn’t the Borzov quiery crop up b4 on the old site - and it was untrue if I remember rightly

Physical preparation is the foundation for mental preparation. If you have put in the time and effort according to a sound plan and have hit your training times, then you know you are ready and it is easy to be mentally prepared.

If you haven’t, then all of the visualization and mental focus skills in the world won’t save you.

In 1:1 sports where you are competing directly against another opponent (I have had expereince with tennis and fencing.) Then the mental aspect is much more important because you must adjust tactically over the course of the competition. In addition, you have to deal with your own emotions durning breaks in the action. It is amazing how difficult it can be to focus when an official has just blown a call! This is where mental training can help to get you back to where you need to be to compete.

However, once again I think that the mental aspects are often overrated. If you are physically and technically superior and have had sound tactical training (and you know it), then it is relatively easy to stay composed mentally.

As far as Borzov, that is baloney. He raised his hand after the relay because that was an excellent result for a relay team that was not expected to do much.

I’m with X on this one …

To set the record straight, I am not in favor of T.lanes “Water boy protocol”. If I stated this it must have been a joke…

Like C.F. said, fast times in practice…

I do like GPP conflict training with varius athletes to raise the intensity from pride of their sport. Sort of like a superstars comp.:mad:

yes you are…

Carl Lewis said in an interview that he didn’t need all the psychology hype because he knew what he had done in practice, so he had confidence in what he was to do during the race.

And this is what he did in practice…
Carl Lewis used to prepare for his track and field events by utilising a combination of yogic breath and stretch techniques as well as visualisation.

Carl Lewis used to prepare for his track and field events by utilising a combination of yogic breath and stretch techniques as well as visualisation.

Timothy, you state this with such gusto yet in the yoga thread you bash the practice…I don’t have time for this nonsense.

My gusto was aimed at herbs attempt to prove carl did not perform yoga. And did not consider it a big deal. Like I said in my first post carl preached yoga up and down. I dont. I think some of the stretches are good though. But I stand firm on low stretch counts for athletes. Why cant we just add a little in. Just like isometrics are good for training power. But we dont have to do explosive kicks, and punches too. We can take a little bit of what works from everything. Yoga included. Like when bruce made his own type of fighting style.

Is this the Yoga thread or the hypnosis thread. Am I still in Kansas? Toto? Aunt May? Spider-man, what are you doing here?

herb after clemson’s waterboy protocol im not sure where I am…AND ill look into it clemson, are you happy now, goodtimes…
:slight_smile:

look into my eyes, not around my eyes, into my eyes, into my eyes, not around my eyes, into my eyes

alot of the SMTC guys used yoga techniques.CL for sure used it alot and so did MM.personally i think that bailey used it on the approach to atlanta,why did he use it for the show-down with johnson in my beliefs i would say the pressure of 96 was far greater than the 150 flop