2x5x30m
R: 3’, 6’

Weights + Plyos
Clean 4x3x75%
Squat 3x6
Double SLJ 2x5
Hyper 2x10
abs- 200 reps

Ok, so here is the first draft of my SPP, i posted it so people could give me feedback on my planning. All comments are welcome and appreciated, thanks.

Where???

i am assuming you mean you cant see it??? thats odd i can see it from my computer, ill try reposting it

is it visible this time?

Looks good, I wouldn’t add a third speed day at the end.

ok, i originally left it with 2 HI days the entire SPP but switched it at the last minute before i posted it, im gonna switch it back though. thanks for the input

I was looking through your journal and used it somewhat as a guide and learning tool since we followed coincidentally similar volumes during GPP but you stopped posting halfway through week 10 into your SPP (on page 5). if possible do you think you could send me the workouts you planned for the rest of your SPP? thanks, if not thats fine too.

Could have been because my spp was only 10 weeks, the last 3-4 weeks are nothing but 3-4x60 so if you don’t have time for a full 12 week spp it’s not a big deal.

oh, sorry, you said you followed modified cf gpp and spp graphs so i assumed you had 12 weeks, i noticed you reduced volume but i didnt realized that you shorten the phases as well

Yep. This year I will have a 7 week gpp and 11 week spp.

GPP:
Mon/Fri: speed/lower weights
Wed: int tempo
Tue/Thur: ext tempo/upper weights

SPP:
Mon/Thur: speed/weights
Tue/Fri: ext tempo 100-300m/aux weights

cool, i have been following your training journal and to me it seemed like a successful year, with the exception of racing weather conditions. good luck with the intensive tempo, im not a fan of it but thats probably cause i was forced to do it and it was a bit over the top (the program was structured around them instead of having it once a week like you). here are my two least favorite workouts, they are brutal.

6x200 R: 200m walk

4x(100+100+100) += 15 seconds rest and turnaround and rest between sets was 300m walk

My int tempo workouts will be btw 150-300m, 5-6 runs total and the rest will be 4-8mins.

4x200 rest 4mins

or

5x200 rest 4mins

or

6x200 rest 5mins

sounds good, but i think that looks more like what Charlie calls “controlled speed” in the intensive tempo thread you started. but its really just a name, in the end it doesnt matter what you call it. thats more of something i wouldnt mind doing, my coach was just giving us ridiculous amounts of volume and not enough rest to the point where it was just impossible to hit the pace even with 100% effort

July 31

Bike Tempo
2x10x(40" on/20" off)

Weights
DB Military Press 3x6
Chin Up 2x10
Weight Circuit 2x10
abs- 300 reps

It was raining today so i had to drop the MB accels.This is the second week in a row that i have missed doing them, so tomorrow i am going to incorporate a few MB accels into my warm up.

Saturday August 1

Med Ball Accelerations
3x BLFT
3x Squat Throw

Grass
3x10m Flat
3x10m Push Up
2x20m Stand
3x40m EFE
3x40m FEF
1x40m (20+m)

Weights + Plyos
Clean 3x2x85%, 3x1x90%
Squat 3x6
Double Stair Jump 2x5
RDL 2x10
abs- 200 reps

Sunday August 2

MB Throws
6x BLFT
6x OHB
6x Squat Throws
6x 1 Hop
6x 2 Hop

Weights
Bench Press 3x6
Lat Pulldown 3x8
Weight Circuit 1x10
abs- 300 reps

Monday August 3

Off

interesting journal…do you plan on doing any tests

thanks

Ya, so far the tests that I have done are a clean max, squat max, SLJ, and STJ. I also do the tests 5 Bound and 30m but haven’t done them this training year yet but have times and distances from last year to compare them too. I occasionally do other tests but those 6 are my main ones.

Week 7
Tuesday August 4

Afternoon)
Grass
3x20m Push Up
2x20m Stand
3x40m EFE
3x40m FEF
1x40m (25+m)

Night)
Weights + Plyos
Clean Pull 2x3, 2x2, 2x1x120%