How Many/Much Carbs Post Exercise

I currently use 50g of Carbs to 1L - 5%

So - Yes - you’re right - I think the first 500ml should probably be 5-8% after that a heavier soln is best - otherwise you’d need a I.V. to take in all the P&C at a 5% solution!!!

No23, I didn’t actually see that post (the session A and B workout)…must have got posted whilst I was working on my post, and then I logged off.

Anyway, the single 35 pro and 70 carb seem ok (less carbs for body fat considerations), but the x2 seems alot…maybe beneficial for the most demanding workouts, but like this topic in general, its hard to state specific figures. Other than this second serving it would just be the normal meal. I’d personally risk just one serving (perhaps spreaded over 30 minutes), and then get back on normal food.

As for the 40/10 after tempo and 10/5 before, this seems sensible. If the previous days training was very stressful though, I suppose you could add extra protein (also extra carbs if glycogen resynth is not on track). High GIs are probably fine re glycogen resynth and will help produce insulin response for pro synth that has been stimulated from the previous day as well as tempo.

One day well get it perfect…for now, a little guess work is involved.

Richard,
Yes - it will never be perfect … but I think I’ll go with this for a bit and tweak it a little as needed, so long as the basic approach is correct and I think it’s not a bad guide …
Thanks for the input.

Charles Poliquin’s recommendations, for post workout nutrition, after a weight training session:

Protein - at least
0.6g per kg of LBM (lean body Mass)

Carbs:
Number of reps per workout - amount of carbs per kg of LBM
12-72 reps - 0.6g
73-200 reps - 0.8g
200-360 reps - 1.0g
360-450 reps - 1.2g

This will vary if the athlete needs to drop BF. Then he reduces the carbs and adds glutamine.

I linear relationship with reps? Comments?

A number of thoughts and questions…

1. Is the Protein/Carb relationship or ratio the same following a weights session regardless of intensity?

2. Is it just the volume of calories (P&C) that changes?

3. Is there a relationship between the number of reps performed and the Calories ingested or the intensity of the session?

4. And as Clemson asks - if there is a relationship between the number of reps performed is it linear?

My thoughts:

1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. Intensity not reps
  4. Not Linear

Perhaps various loads and methods will have influence on the post exercise metabolism elevation levels?