Gpp-prep Macro 4 weeks
Day 1 (High Intensity): Sprints, Med Ball, and Abs
Day 2 (Low Intensity): Calisthenics, Ext. Tempo
Day 3 (High Intensity): Sprints, Med Ball, and Abs
Day 4 (Low Intensity): Calisthenics, Ext. Tempo
Day 5 (High Intensity): Sprints, Med Ball, and Abs
Day 6 (Low Intensity): Calisthenics, Ext. Tempo
Day 7 (Off): Stretch and Recovery

And then after those four weeks i want to proceed using weight training.

Can i do weights and sprints on a high intensity day and then on a low intensity day do some tempo and med ball work?

Yes. But be sure to keep all high intensity elements on the same day so the following day allows you to recover. With that said I would only do medball multithrows (high reps agaisnt the wall for example) for elastic strength and save the power throws for the high intensity days. Perhaps a drop in volume if you were lifting.

thanks for the reply.

So would something like this look good? I know it’s long, i posted the questions in the setup and all the questions begin w/ this “*” and asterisk.

And i hope posting links to where i got my information isn’t against the rules, b/c i don’t want people to think that this is all my work, but rather i picked up pieces here and there, and med ball drills from some site.

The basic setup is from this article: http://www.elitefts.com/documents/gpp_for_freshmen.htm which i recommend all beginners to track to read.

Anyways here it is:

Gpp-prep (W/Weight Training) Macro 4 weeks
Day 1 (High Intensity): Sprints, Weight Training
Day 2 (Low Intensity): Ext. Tempo, Med Ball
Day 3 (High Intensity): Sprints, Weight Training
Day 4 (Low Intensity): Ext. Tempo, Med Ball
Day 5 (High Intensity): Sprints, Weight Training
Day 6 (Low Intensity): Ext. Tempo, Med Ball
Day 7 (Off): Stretch and Recovery

Day 1 (High Intensity):
Warm up: 4 sets of 30sec each
Jumping jacks
Burpees
Star jumps
Shuffle steps
Abs 3x15
Sprints:
510m, rest 4 minutes b/n sets
20m, rest 4 minutes b/n sets
Weight Training:
4x6 Squat
3x15 Good Mornings 3x 15
3x15 Cable pullthrough 3x15
3x10 Reverse hyper *does this have to be reverse hypers? Isn’t a normal back hyperextension good enough/same?
2x10 Explosive med ball throws (6-8lb balls)
Abs: (optional)
1x25 crunches, 1x25 leg raises, 1x25 twisting crunches, 1x25 v crunches - rest 1-2 minutes between each set (4 total)

Day 2 (Low Intensity):
Tempo:
4x200m @ 75% *How much rest should I take after each set?
Med Ball:
3x15 Puts: Start with ball behind one hip with more weight on that leg. Throw (“Put”) the ball while turning and reaching towards the direction of the throw. Finish the drill in a balanced position.
3x15 Russian Twist: Start with ball at belly button height, arms length away from body, behind right or left hip. Start by moving ball to the right or left. Keep core tight and turn/rotate your back foot to allow greater range of motion.
3x15 Chops: Start with ball overhead at arms length. Chop down and stop when ball is between your feet.
3x15 Med Ball Lunge II: Begin with ball at belly button. While lunging forward raise the ball up overhead. Either leave the ball overhead while continuing to lunge or return the ball to belly button on each lunge.
http://forums.everythingtrackandfield.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=228&get=last

Day 3 (High Intensity):
Warm up: 4 sets of 30sec each
Jumping jacks
Burpees
Star jumps
Shuffle steps
Abs 3x15
Sprints:
510m, rest 4 minutes b/n sets
20m, rest 4 minutes b/n sets
Weight Training:
4x6 Bench Press
3x15 Push ups
3x15 Pull ups
3x10 Dips
3x15 Chest supported row *What can I use to replace this?
1x25 crunches, 1x25 leg raises, 1x25 twisting crunches, 1x25 v crunches - rest 1-2 minutes between each set (4 total)

Day 4 (Low Intensity):
Tempo:
Set #1- 110+110+110
Set #2- 110+110x2+110
Set #3- 110x2+110+110x2

The “+” sign means slowly walk 50 yards, or walk across a football field. In between each set walk 110 yards, or the length of a football field. 110 is the entire length of a football field. 110 x 2 means you run one direction, then turn around and come back the other direction.
Med Ball:
3x15 Puts: Start with ball behind one hip with more weight on that leg. Throw (“Put”) the ball while turning and reaching towards the direction of the throw. Finish the drill in a balanced position.
3x15 Russian Twist: Start with ball at belly button height, arms length away from body, behind right or left hip. Start by moving ball to the right or left. Keep core tight and turn/rotate your back foot to allow greater range of motion.
3x15 Chops: Start with ball overhead at arms length. Chop down and stop when ball is between your feet.
3x15 Med Ball Lunge II: Begin with ball at belly button. While lunging forward raise the ball up overhead. Either leave the ball overhead while continuing to lunge or return the ball to belly button on each lunge.
http://forums.everythingtrackandfield.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=228&get=last

Day 5 (High Intensity):
Sprints: Is the 340m too much? Should I do it before or after the 20m?
520m, rest 4 min. b/n sets
40m, rest 5 min. b/n sets
Weight Training:
4x6 Squat
3x15 Good Mornings 3x 15
3x15 Cable pullthrough 3x15
3x10 Reverse hyper
2x10 Explosive med ball throws (6-8lb balls)

Day 6 (Low Intensity):
Tempo:
4x200m @ 75% *How much rest should I take after each set?
Med Ball:

Day 7 (Off): Stretch and recovery

bump?! :o