Green Tea

I thought you would have known that a high intake of green tea can inhibit both testosterone and DHT levels. Its abiltiy to inhibit testosterone is one of the reasons it is recommended for patients with prostate cancer. Its ability to lower DHT is one of the reasons it is recommended for those with male pattern baldness. References aren’t hard to find, in fact, you’ve probably found some by now.

Strange, I have yet to find references on athletes and free testosterone action with green tea a levels that improve antioxidant activity. two athletes from 1995 through 2001 had hormonal scores in their bloodwork that were excellent. Many of them went to japan and picked up some of the cultural interests such as sushi and green tea. Could the antioxidant and other nutrients outweight the research on rats, bald men, and prostate cancer patients? Better stay away from produce and just eat grow bars and free range beef! Any solid research? Mercola’s site is great, but his solutions are to ship Salmon from Alaska at 49.00 per pound or 60 dollar blueberries.

Neo speed, how much green tea is too much? Will a cup after my chinese takeout meal make me as effective as Rafael Palmiero without his purple pill? Two cups a day? once a week? Years of abuse? Is is it water now only?

I queried the amount of Green Tea (a while back) that John Berardi suggests for himself and his clients.

It was only 2 cups per day.

So two cups a day is going to drop hormonal profile Neospeed? What do you think? I am up to change but need something more than a Mercola hyped link or rat injection extract study.

I don’t think 2 cups a day would have any affect. Consuming many cups each day over extended periods like some Japanese people do is not recommended for males due to accumulation of epigallocatechin gallate from the green tea.

So two cups a day will get the antioxidants without the effects of decreased testosterone. Great!

Any research suggesting two cups provides an antioxidant effect?

Yes…any research shows it does not? google…come on!

From what I have read in terms of green tea levels 4-10 cups has been suggested as being recommended to get the antioxidant effect.

You must have looked into this in greater detail hence my query.