Crawford Jumps Ship

He is the most intense eater I have ever seen (Takeru Kobayashi). Not to mention his uncanny ability to consciously control the smooth muscle surrounding his stomach lining.

I heard his favorite workout was 50 hotdogs then 4x400m with 5min RI…lol…

On a more serious note, Crawford didn’t do too bad using his father as a coach. I believe he went 20.2somethingish indoor 200m and 6.5s. The first and only time I saw him run an indoor 200m it looked fake. He has a supernatural ability to hold curves.

Actually, I’m only limited in Canada from receiving federal funds- but you can see that the powers-that-be can make life tough for athletes, though never directly.
I could apply for reinstatement. After all, I never murdered anyone. Wait! I forgot, they already reinstated the guy who did that!
Unfortunately, that would require me to stand up and say that everything I said about the world of sport under oath at the Dubin Inquiry (later proven by revelations over the years) was false and I would never do that.

I’m going to leave this up for a bit but this whole discussion is on shakey ground and I’ll remove it shortly.

Hope you’re not referring to me!!

No23, are you saying you dont want to see Trevor coach again? What are you trying to say? why have i rubed you the wrong way? or has trevor rubbed you the wrong way?
i dont discredit charlie at all, i tell everybody that will listen that i have learned everything about sprinting from the man.
i agree charlie can coach top notch guys, but at the moment, its unfortunately Taboo and the media create it otherwise.

It would be great to see you coach at a high level again (track that is). Are those reasons you mention due to athletics canada or the IAAF? Maybe, the old guys at the IAAF will pass on in a few yrs, and some young blood will come about, and change some ruling to alow you to be able to coach without drama following?

I think we should start a communal training facility that way no one can point fingers<----><---->

By BOB BAUM
AP SPORTS WRITER

Olympic 200-meter gold medalist Shawn Crawford and former U.S. 100-meter champion Me’Lisa Barber have left coach Trevor Graham.

“There are a lot of things Trevor is focusing on, and that would obviously take him away from the focus on his athletes,” said agent Kim Holland, who represents Crawford and Barber, on Wednesday.

Graham, whose star athletes have included Marion Jones, Tim Montgomery and Justin Gatlin, was indicted last week on charges of lying to federal investigators (edit).

Specifics of the allegations and the proposed penalty have not been made public. A similar letter was sent to coach Remi Korchemny, his attorney George Walker confirmed Wednesday. Walker declined further comment, saying he had not seen the document.

It is the first time USADA has taken action against coaches. They have 10 days to respond to USADA’s allegation letter. The case then will be presented to a review panel that recommends whether sanctions should be levied.

(edit)

Graham operates Raleigh-based Sprint Capitol USA, a team of about 10 athletes.

Crawford, a training partner of Gatlin, is a three-time U.S. 200-meter champion who led a U.S. sweep of the event at the 2004 Athens Olympics. Crawford struggled with a foot injury in 2005 and was third in the 100 at the U.S. championships in June. He planned to work out for his father for the time being, Holland said.

Barber was a 400-meter runner before switching to Graham and concentrating on the shorter sprints. She won the U.S. 100-meter title in 2005 and was part of the gold medal 400-meter relay team at the 2005 world championships. She won the U.S. and world indoor 60-meter title in 2006.

(edit)

In the federal indictment, prosecutors said Graham lied to investigators in 2004 about his ties. He is scheduled for arraignment Nov. 16 in U.S. District Court and faces a maximum penalty of 15 years in prison and a $750,000 fine if convicted.

ill be in that. but, i live in Aust. Maybe we over here will have a branch version :smiley:

Don’t knock everyone at the IAAF.
Tim and Marion ultimately had to deal with Nike. He who pays the piper calls the tune. You can’t be surprised that a lot of heads turned when they showed up in Toronto.
That’s why I usually keep a low profile with whoever I design programs for!

Put on a mask and come to one of the seminars when I’m there in January!

Is it possible for you to still work with pro athletes in person, Charlie? Do you go to see them or do they hide out in your secret lab in Canada ;)?

the masked avenger :smiley:

No, they just show up at the track- and nobody seems to even notice! Especially the local football team- busy doing “farmer’s walks” with 15 lb dumbells. The only guy anyone noticed in particular was the 335lb lineman from Dallas, sent here to work on a hamstring injury. He was hard to miss! Funny, he came to dinner and Ange asked him: “Are you the biggest guy on the team.” And he said: “Naw. Just average! The biggest guy’s 6ft9 and 422!”

Campbell’s chunky soup and lineman mom’s…Do you see what happens when chunky soup and football moms combine? I hope I’m not the only one who sees it.

God you will have to buy some bigger med balls and take out insurance for damage to the track surface! Both when he throws and when he runs!

Which were higher, your training fee’s or his dinner bill?

Reminds me of the story from the 1950s when the the Caddy pulls in for gas. After a bit the attendant says: “Do you mind turning your engine off? You’re getting ahead of me!”

Gary Kikaya - who dramatically improved this season - trained with Crawford and others in the group of Trevor Graham. What happened to him? HSI?

(Updated: 07 September 2006)

Gary KIKAYA, Democratic Republic of Congo (COD) (400m)

Born: 4 February 1980, Lubumbashi (after Kinshasa, the second largest city in the Democratic Republic of Congo)

Lives: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA

Manager: Mark Block, Total Sports Management, Inc.

Coach: At the moment, doesn’t have a coach

Kikaya jumped ship so that he could escape the “ban” on Trevor’s squad imposed by a group of the European major meet directors, following the “sudden awareness” of the many “embarrassments” being experienced by 10 or so current and former members of that squad.

This “awareness” precipitated Kikaya’s timely move, certainly some time just prior to the African Championships, which Kikaya won, and which preceeded some of his breakthrough PBs back on the golden league circuit.

[There are some pix of Kikaya in action in the thread “Analyse This” in the Advanced Sprint Training segment on the CF Forum.]
kk.