Bcaa

I tried the search, I couldn’t find the info I need.

I’m getting some BCAAs from http://www.hollandandbarrett.co.uk/pages/product.asp?xs=39A21DBDD3FF4AF2826AC213D1B59299&PID=152&np=1&cpid=244 (view label shows contents of tablets)

I’m going to try them for recovery. When should I take them (e.g prewo, postwo, throughout day etc)? How much should I take?

Any problems taking them in tablet form?

What’s your experience on using them?

Bump, for anyone who can answer.

I was recently told on another thread to take them during workouts lasting 1.5 hours plus.

I am damn near the Poliquin recommendation of BCAA’s. I have a bcaa shake 30 mins prior, 2 bcaa caps during and some bcaa’s with my whey after my workout

I searched for Poliquin and BCAA on Google, found his recommendations.

Poliquin uses BCAA during training. I’m using tablets, not liquid, should I take the tablets BEFORE, so it’s absorbed when I’m training? Or will it have the same effect, if I take tablets during?

The purpose of BCAA’s are to block tryptophan, and make sure the last part of the workout isn’t just a sloppy down time. I find it invaluable with student atheltes during test and exam weeks.

Take it early (30 minutes after the start of the workout) and leave the same period of time for the preworkout formula.

Could you not just take Tyrosine instead of BCAA’s? What’s the benifit of taking BCAA’s over Tyrosine by itself?

[QUOTE=Clemson]The purpose of BCAA’s are to block tryptophan, and make sure the last part of the workout isn’t just a sloppy down time. I find it invaluable with student atheltes during test and exam weeks.

I only used half the dose for my weight, that was 20 tablets though!

At half the dose, seemed to not get as tired as usual, less DOMS next day after.

I paid $10ish for 100 tablets, they’ll run out quick. Is there a specific amino acid which helps, like Leucine? I think I could buy a Leucine drink and save myself some money.

Have you wrote any articles on BCAA’s, or know any sites that have?