Asafa 9,85 in Paris with 1 fault start...

ive noticed the tailwind, which seems strange. he ran the greatest 100m race until 60-80m into a -.2 headwind :eek:. i would say that hes unlucky in that his greatest race didnt have the greatest circumstances.

the real question might not be what could mo could do with wind, but what can powell and gatlin do with without wind. so far it seems 9.85 to 9.87.

anyway, i didnt want to turn this thread into a thread about mo. powell is a cretified badass at 100m, as is evident by 9.77 last year, 9.77 this year, and 9.85 into a still wind.

Then you also say that Ato would have been under the WR as he was close.

when Mo ran his WR, Ato ran also his best time
without RT, Mo give 0"1 to Ato
I think those time was is difference of performances

that would be the result, or?

I believe Mo has said that he didn’t run well with too much of a tailwind because it disrupted his running form. I could be wrong but I remember hearing that somewhere, which would explain why he ran so fast when the wind was near 0 and not really any better with more of a tailwind.

tha might be his feeling, but physically …

Mo ran 9.79w at Pre Classic '98 [his PR was 9.86 & SB would end-up at 9.90] - he also ran 9.84w in US Nat’Ls Heat also in '98.

Mo ran 9.84w at Pre Classic '99 messing about celebratin at the end of the race and has had many windy times that were better to either his SB or PR at one time or another

Face it all you Powell-fans, if Mo had a +1.5 tailwind in his 9.79 or 9.80 races [even for his 9.82 injury and all] he would have put the WR out of reach until at least 2K10