Arron Dumps Coach

[IT’S GETTING WEIRDER AND WEIRDERER IN FRANCE. ONTANON, MUST BE SOME PIECE OF WORK. MURIEL HURTIS AND RONALD POGNON ALSO BAILED ON HIM. THIS GUY NEEDS HELP. AND OBVIOUSLY SO DO THE ATHLETES OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN’T HAVE WALKED. kk]

French sprinter Christine Arron has parted company with her coach Guy Ontanon after over four years working together. The double World Championships bronze medallist of two years ago also no longer wishes to compete with Team Lagardere after a communication breakdown with the coach.

The athlete told reporters from Guadeloupe:

"Last Friday I had a long discussion with Xavier Moreau, the general manager of Team Lagardere, and I told him that I do not wish to continue with the team, since my partnership with Guy Ontanon is finished.

“As it is he who runs the athletics department of the team it is not possible to continue. I’ve thought about this for some time,” she added.

“We’ve already discussed this but our relationship is no longer working,” she continued. "It is not a problem with the coaching but of personal communication.

“We no longer understand each other.”

Onaton himself did not challenge the decision of his former client, saying “She has chosen to take another route and I respect this decision and it is done in the light of much success.”

“Christine has not made any mistakes during our collaboration and I think that this is reciprocal,” he continued.

“It’s a personal choice. I will follow the rest of her career with a lot of interest.”

Arron will train alone for the time being until a new coach and team are found.

Eurosport - RM - 11/01/2007 21:38