100m post-season workout

Now that the season is over basically (one meet left, i qualified for conference championship in long jump 100m and 4x100m)…

I am gonna go on a program call 9 weeks of basic training by Dave Tate i dunno if i can post link might be considered advertisment… Anyway, its just a strength training program…

Anyone know what I can do for the acctually increasing speed, is there a program?

Now, I think I could get down into the 11’s if I cleaned up my start and like getting up to speed…

I don’t know exactly what staying low is, how long should i stay low… How important is arm movement, I move my arms but should I be focusing on moving them, (the faster the better)?

Say I do that strength training program should I add a couple days of plyometrics in ?

Im gonna be honest I have never practiced running a full 100m. Only time I really ever run the 100m is in meets… Should I be doing them in practice trying to get it down right? and if im going to be practicing running the 100 how many should I do?

I have VERY little stamina, cant run for a long time after 200m i die basically…

Basically I’m a complete beginner so please try to help and awnser my questions… :slight_smile: thanks in advance…

What exactly does this strength program involve? Why are you doing the program? What are your times/distances? How long have you been running/lifting? Bench press and squat numbers would be beneficial.

This is why there is a search button… There is a wealth of information on here that you can get just by researching yourself… Look through the archives… I’m not very sure what specifically you are asking though… If I were you, take a little rest once you are done w/ your season. Always helps in my opinion.

Alright, 100m time is 12.2 all i run and the 4x100m

My bench is 190-200lbs

Squat 350-375 haven’t tested in awhile

Very weak deadlift I say 300 at most…

The program is a strength program

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/elitefts4.htm

(not a bodybuilding program)

I am also trying the sprint training program here

http://www.brianmac.demon.co.uk/tplans/sprint.htm

I am trying to merge them…

The lifting program calls for 2x a week leg training im going to lift with legs every other week, but still sprint every week sound good?
Just to give my legs some rest

Do you guys think this is a good idea… I am going to do it either way but opinions would be nice…